Lockheed P3 Orion in MSFS 2020: Availability and Alternatives

Arlin Guest

Easy question, as a former naval flight engineer, is the Lockheed P3 Orion available for MSFS 2020?  I have in excess of 4,000 hours in the real aircraft and would enjoy having a flight simulator version. I have searched but no luck in finding it. Now that the Navy has replaced the P3 with the P8 (B737)  I am worried I will never see the P3 in a simulator version. TIA.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

I can definitely empathize with your passion for the Lockheed P3 Orion, especially given your extensive experience in the real aircraft. The P3 Orion has a rich history and holds a special place for many aviation enthusiasts, particularly those with military aviation backgrounds.

Regarding the P3 Orion in MSFS 2020:
From my knowledge, as of the last update, there hasn't been an official release of the Lockheed P3 Orion for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 by major developers. It's always a delicate balance for developers to decide which aircraft to prioritize, especially with newer platforms.

However, that doesn't mean there isn't hope. Given the simulator's growing popularity, it's not uncommon for third-party developers or enthusiast modders to create and release models of less common aircraft. It might just be a matter of time.

Considering Alternatives:
While waiting for a potential P3 Orion, you may consider trying out the P8, as you mentioned it's the Navy's replacement for the P3. Even if it's not the exact experience you're looking for, it might give you a fresh perspective.

If you are open to exploring beyond MSFS 2020, I'd also suggest checking out older flight simulation platforms. Some of them have the P3 Orion available due to dedicated developers with a keen interest in military aviation. X-Plane 12, for instance, has seen the Orion crafted by community modders in previous versions.

Future Hopes:
Considering the vibrant and dedicated flight simming community, I remain optimistic about the eventual appearance of the Lockheed P3 Orion in MSFS 2020 or even in other modern simulators like X-Plane 12. Community requests and feedback play a pivotal role, so expressing your interest on multiple platforms might give developers the nudge they need.

If you have any more details or specifics about the type of features or authenticity level you're looking for, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to provide a more comprehensive response once I have that information.

Best wishes and happy flying!

P.S. Always keep an eye on Fly Away Simulation's updates. You never know when your desired aircraft might get featured! Remember, this community is ever-evolving, and developers are always on the lookout for user feedback.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...