Download Fails - X-Plane Florida Complete Photoreal Scenery

Pro Member Trainee
ksoszka Trainee

Hi, I have been trying to download the X-Plane Florida Complete Photoreal Scenery for two days. It fails almost immediately, goes for a few seconds, then fails again. I have downloaded many other files here including mesh files with zero issues. My connection is great and fast. I opened a support ticket and have no reply. I'm paying for the fast download option, this is not a good experience for my money. Please help, thank you!

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there!

Is it only the Florida Complete Photoreal that fails?  Do all other photoreal packs download without issue?  That's an interesting one.

I will also test this end while you are clarifying the above.

We will get to the bottom of it!

Pro Member Trainee
ksoszka Trainee

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply! I haven't tried a different Photoreal, I now notice that they are much larger than the mesh files so maybe that wasn't a good comparison. I've got the FL Photoreal about halfway, doing a little bit at a time and clicking resume when it stops. I'll try a different Photoreal when it's done though.

Pro Member Captain

I managed to download it without issue.  It's interesting that it stops and you have to resume it.  We do support sessions and file download resumption (HTTP range headers) on the delivery servers so that's why you are able to resume.  However, you shouldn't need to resume in the first place and it should just workLet's try to get to the bottom of it.

• Where are you located? 
  • What browser and operating system are you performing the download from? 
  • What speed specifically are you getting for the active download?

I will take a deeper look.

Pro Member Trainee
ksoszka Trainee

I'm near Clearwater, FL.

Chrome, Windows 10 up to date.

Pro Member Trainee
ksoszka Trainee

Whoops - sorry, tried to paste an image. About 50 MB/s when it is running.

Pro Member Trainee
ksoszka Trainee

I got it downloaded, it looks like I already had this version from earlier this year but I didn't think it was current. Here's why, and a question. The text file inside says:

"The newer packages contain multiple versions of the yOrthoXP overlays file. You will just pick one of them.  You can delete the ones you decide not to use, or save them for later in case you change your mind.

yOrtho4XP_Overlays_XP11 - Default XP 11 roads, trees and buildings (will only work with XP11 only)
yOrtho4XP_Overlays_XP10 - Default XP 10 roads, trees and buildings (will work with XP10 or XP11)
yOrtho4XP_Overlays_HDv4 - HD v4 roads, trees and buildings by Alpilotx (will work with XP11 only)
yOrtho4XP_Overlays_HDv3 - HD v3 roads, trees and buildings by Alpilotx (will work with XP10 or XP11)"

But the files included are:
yOrtho4XP_Overlays
yOrtho4XP_Overlays_v3
z_ortho_Florida_130

Is yOrtho4XP_Overlays actually v4, or is it a version earlier than v3?

Pro Member Trainee
ksoszka Trainee

Hi, did I lose you?

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for the reply and apologize for my delay in replying.

I can see you can attain good speed - that's a good start.  However, the download stalling and stopping are not normal.  Are you running over WiFi or a wired Ethernet connection?

As far as I'm aware "yOrtho4XP_Overlays" is the latest version to be used.

Let me know if I can help any further!

Pro Member Trainee
ksoszka Trainee

Okay thanks, regarding the version. If anyone knows for sure or if you find out for sure please let me know. Thanks again, sorry I got impatient but this has been quite a journey to get things set up.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...