Activation After SSD Upgrade

Roger Uytterhaegen Guest

Hello everyone, After changing my SSD "c" from 1 to 4T, with a copy of the old on the new, everything works except msfs2020. So I reinstalled the 10 luxury premium MSFS2020 DVDs. In the end, he asks me the code of 25 elements, which I do. Answer: This code has already been used. I am offered a redemption that gives nothing.  In the installation folder, there is no .exe. file so I cannot open anything.  Any idea?

My computer:  Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus. Processor: intel Core i9-10900 KF 20; graphic: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24GB GDDR6X: Memory: RAM: 4xKingston Fury Renégate, 63.5 Go DDR4 RGB 3600Hz; discs: C: WD.BLACK SN 850X 4 TB D : Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1 TB ; E : Samsung 870 QVO SSD 2 TB

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Thank you for reaching out with your concern. After upgrading your SSD to a larger capacity and encountering issues with MSFS 2020, it's understandable to feel frustrated. The situation you've described is not uncommon, and I'll do my best to guide you through resolving this issue.

Firstly, the error message indicating that your product code has already been used stems from the fact that software licenses, especially for games like MSFS 2020, are often bound to a specific Microsoft account rather than the hardware itself. Hence, re-entering the product code after reinstallation may trigger this response if the system fails to recognize the existing license tied to your account.

To address the absence of the .exe file and the activation issue, let's proceed step by step:

1. Verify Your Microsoft Account: Ensure that you are logged into the correct Microsoft account associated with your MSFS 2020 purchase. This step is crucial for license verification.

2. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: This built-in utility can help resolve issues with apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store, including MSFS 2020. Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps and run the troubleshooter.

3. Install From Microsoft Store/Xbox App: If you purchased MSFS 2020 digitally, attempt to download and install it directly from the Microsoft Store or Xbox app on your PC instead of using the DVDs. This method ensures you're installing the most current version and can bypass issues related to disk installation.

4. Check For Windows Updates: Ensure your system is up to date. Sometimes, compatibility issues can arise from outdated system components.

5. Contact Microsoft Support: If the above steps do not resolve your issue, reaching out to Microsoft Support may be your best course of action. They can provide more direct assistance with account and licensing issues.

6. Manual Installation of .exe File: If you're still unable to locate the .exe file for MSFS 2020, a manual search in the installation directory might be necessary. However, if the file genuinely is missing, a reinstallation through the Microsoft Store, as mentioned, is advisable.

Additional Considerations:

• Ensure your PC's specifications still meet the requirements for MSFS 2020, especially after hardware changes.
  • Double-check the integrity of your new SSD. Faulty hardware can lead to unexpected installation issues.

Conclusion:
While hardware upgrades generally improve performance, they can occasionally introduce complications with software, particularly those with strict DRM policies like MSFS 2020. Following the steps outlined above should help mitigate these issues. However, remember that persistence and patience are key. Each system has its unique configurations and challenges.

Should you require further assistance or clarification, feel free to ask. More detailed information about the steps you've already taken and any specific error messages would be helpful.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...