Weird question, but I suck at finding this stuff

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hey everyone, I figured I'd post here because I have a membership here, and people seem to know what's happening.

Here's the story so far.

I want to buy a PC game that's like 8 years old, but I don't know if it's XP compatible.

It's called

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

This game was my first ever first person shooter for the old nintendo 64, and I wanna "rekindle the fire". Is this game Windows XP compatible?

THanks in advance

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

FEM,

Enter "compatibility mode" in WinXP's Help and Support Center search field for info on running old games on WinXP. You should not have a problem rinning Turok: Dinosaur Hunter on WinXP.

Pro Member Chief Captain

SCORE

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

It always says it on the product box if you buy it in a store instead of off the internet.

Pro Member Chief Captain

this game is dated 97, i cant find it anywhere

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I doubt if it were compatible with windows xp then.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain

I know, but i have the original Diablo, dated 98, which is XP compatible, so we'll just pray!

Guest Ed Guest

The only problem I've had with older games on XP is that some of them use the Indeo Codecs for graphics, which were included in Windows up through 98, but not with XP. The games would play well, but the cut scenes between levels wouldn't. If you run into that problem, you can download the Codecs-- there are pay sites where you can get a full package with every flavor of Indeo Codecs, but I have heard you can download specific ones for free.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

FEM,

Try this Turok: Dinosaur Hunter demo out... http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,4204,00.asp

I am assuming it is a demo because of its 10MB+ size.

Pro Member Chief Captain

thanks guys. I already ordered it, so now i just wait. I'll keep you posted on how it does

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I have that game, FEM, and it works in Windows XP.
Well, I know that you already ordered it, but.....whatever. A comment in never a bad idea.

Pro Member Chief Captain

no, dude, it's a relief to know that it does work!

Ain't it an awesome game?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...