graphics card

guest Guest

i just installed a 64 mb nvidia graphics card but no picture comes into the monitor when i plug it in. My previous graphics controller was on the motherboard. I was told i had to switch something on my bios settings but i couldnt find the right thing. I have an intel motherboard with AMIBIOS.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Go back into your BIOS setup and there will be several menu headings. It's probably under 'Chip configuration' or something like that.
You are looking for 'Onboard VGA or Video'

Disable it, then exit via 'esc' key and remember to say yes to save your changes.

Also, you should go and get the latest version of the Nvidia graphics driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html

Download the complete installer package for your version of Windows.

When you do boot it up with the new card, you will get the 'Windows has found new hardware message'

Just cancel out of that and then go to wherever you put your nvidia downloaded driver package and double click it.

guest Guest

yes but once i put the new card into my system, the computer wont display anything on the monitor even if it is still plugged in to the old video card

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Is it an AGP video card?

If you take it out of the computer does your onboard video work properly?

Make sure you disable the onboard VGA. (sometimes when you put an AGP card in, the BIOS will automatically disable the onboard VGA)

When you insert the card in the AGP slot, make sure it is pushed right down as far as it will go. These cards are finicky that way.

If you have got the onboard disabled and you are getting no signal to the monitor from the new card, then it probably is poorly seated card, bad connection somewhere, or possibly a bad card.

guest Guest

I cant find the "onboard VGA" heading under any of the sub-menus. I was in AMIBIOS setup then went under the heading PCI / Plug and Play Setup and found these options, but what should they be so i can use the new AGP card.

Plug and Play Aware: Yes
Primary graphics adapter: PCI
Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA: No

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

It should read like this:

Plug and Play Aware: No
Primary graphics adapter: AGP
Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA: Yes

try that,

and did you check to make sure the AGP card is seated properly. Take it out and put it back in and push it right down as far as it will go.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...