After Microsoft or Asobo undated MSFS last week, I started getting the above error msg, which locks up MSFS both 2020 and 2024. I checked the Microsoft link provided in the error message and the ONLY thing which worked was uninstall-reinstall MSFS either through the Microsoft Store for PC version or Xbox app for that version. I did so through the Microsoft Store. The MSFS work until I closed it and tried opening it again. Same error msg. I hit the "REPAIR" button in the MS Store Advanced Settings but it did not repair it. I uninstalled/reinstalled it again. It now works, but I leave it running minimized and never turn off my PC. I guess I will leave it running and never shut down my PC until a couple of months have passed by, hoping Microsoft repairs it. They broke it and admitted it when I chatted with one of their techies. I updated ALL of my drivers. I updated Windows 11. I have not installed any new software. I have not installed any new hardware. MSFS was running just fine until Microsoft broke it with an update.
I figure coming to the SMEs here has a better chance of finding a solution than waiting on Microsoft.
2 Answers
Microsoft is AWOL on Tech Support for the problem. I am going to uninstall MSFS 2020 and fly FSX for a couple of months. Then I will go back to Microsost Store and reinstall MSFS 2020 since I own it and see if it works in a couple of months. SO frustrating....
How to play fly away on iPhone
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
MSFS — recently answered
MSFSHow do I fly an ILS approach in the Fenix A320 for MSFS?Fly a Fenix A320 ILS approach in MSFS: MCDU setup, ILS tuning, LOC/GS capture, FMA checks…Read answer →MSFSWhere can I download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020?Download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020, check aircraft compatibility, install them correctly and…Read answer →MSFSWhere can I download Boeing 777-200ER liveries in MSFS 2024?Find Boeing 777-200ER liveries for MSFS 2024, match the exact aircraft add-on, install them on…Read answer →MSFSWhere can I download C-17 liveries for MSFS 2024?Find compatible C-17 liveries for MSFS 2024, install them on PC, and fix missing or broken…Read answer →
Trainee