Can you please educate me, what is the frame rate, its purpose and best setting ❓ do you set different frame rates for defferent planes ❓
3 Answers
Framerate, to be technical, is how fast the screen refreshes/redraws the image of whatever is displayed. The faster the framerate, the smoother the game/movie. In FS9, you'll hear people say, "I leave mine at 20-25". Slap those people. Framerate is constant for the entire simulation. So if you set it to 30, it trys to stay at 30, no matter what aircraft you have.
Set, and leave it, at 30. If you have a higher end graphics card, I.E. Anything better than a NVidia FX5200 128MB, leave it at like 40. It'll look nice that way
Is there some way to change the frame rate?
Get more RAM and better video card 😀
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
First Officer
Chief Captain