USB Ports

Vermonter Guest

Can anyone give me some advice on how to correct a proble of my 3.2ghz, pen 4 HT (intel mother board and processor) computer - it has a problem with USB ports? Some times it does not reconize joysticks, N52 (speedpad), Yoke, etc.. it reconized before, even when i stick them in the same port as before. it corrects itself if i reboot with item in port. Is there any USB port software up grade etc......???? is anyone else having this problem?

ive added new USB 1 (internal) - but can't add USB 2 (internal) it does not reconize them. I now have six internal USB 2 ports, but they are fussy as to what you plug into them..... the only USB hub that will work are USB 1 plug into the USB 1 ports ive added. if i plug a USB 2 hub into a USB 1 port it says it will work better in a USB 2 port - then when i plug into the USB 2 port it does'nt reconized it..??? WOW!

Like this thing is worse then my "X" wife. He! He!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I remember a while back MS had an update for USB, see if any of these will apply to your problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=usb&DisplayLang=en

Why not buy a USB2 card instead of using a hub. I use a hub but it cost $30 and I don't have any problems with it where I did with the built in ports in my older machine.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Thank you. I looked up the updates and downloaded one but it's pre-my XP version so wouldn't load.

I tried a USB 2 port card but comput would not load it...? It did the USB 1 port cards. I installed two with two ports ea. and even those I have trouble with now and then.

But you know what we do with these machines its a wonder they work at all......

I have GoFlight Deck with six modules, cirrus yoke, rudder peddles, 3D glasses, Tracker Pro 6way, and a loose nut behind the yoke, more addons to FS9 then I can name plus aircraft up the "?" WOW - NEAT - AND FUN!

Wow, found the problem, found a temp fix.

Problem can be found at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817900

well i didn't want to go into that "use at your risk" stuff, so i tried my registory mechanic program and bingo, one of my no longer wouldn't loaded USB items (nostromo speedpad) loaded!!!!!!!!!!

i use PC tools registory mechanic to keep my registory in order. I used PC tool defrager before MS was defraging. were talking DOS... IBM stuff... any rate if youre interested pc tools registory mechanic can be gotton here:

http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/support/

i still may try MSs work around.. if i do i'll pass it on too.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks for the links, I'm glad you got one started.
Don't forget all of those USB devices put a drain on your P/S and if it's a 250w from the factory it's not going to be able to handle everything on the computer.
You should look into a 450w (or bigger) from www.antec.com .
Good luck! 👍

Radar

Yep!

I had the system built for me it's 450+ wattttttsssss!

Tanks!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...