Joystick problems: USB Device not recognized

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Hi,

A couple of days ago my joystick failed....for no reason. I tried re-installing etc but Windows came up with the message "USB device not recognized". Apparently I needed to "replace the device" so that I did.

I have just bought a new joystick....installed the drivers only for Windows to not recognize it again Crying or Very sad

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh and by the way...I have tried all my USB ports and I do not have problems with other USB devices like cameras, keyboards etc, it seems my computer does not like joysticks.

Thanks 😉

Last edited by pilotwannabe on Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
astraGTE Trainee

pilotwannabe wrote:

Hi,

A couple of days ago my joystick failed....for no reason. I tried re-installing etc but Windows came up with the message "USB device not recognized". Apparently I needed to "replace the device" so that I did.

I have just bought a new joystick....installed the drivers only for Windows to not recognize it again Crying or Very sad

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh and by the way...I have tried all my USB ports.

Thanks 😉

that happens to me alot, all i do it download the drivers and re-install them! then it's fine what joystick do you have?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro....I have tried d/l the latest drivers from Logitech's website but to no avail Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
astraGTE Trainee
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Sounds like a conflict with the USB components, try these simple things.

1. Disconnect all other USB devices (except keyboard and/or mouse).
2. Completely remove your new controller.
3.Reboot computer, Windows gets gets weird when it runs long periods without a fresh start.
4. Disable anti-virus, temporarily.
5. Install your new controller by connecting directly to the computers USB port, don't connect thru a hub, hub may be bad.
🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks CRJCapt...i followed your steps and everything appears to be working now 🙂)

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...