Audigy 2 ZS Problems

Pro Member Trainee
David350uk Trainee

Having just upgraded my soundcard from a Audigy 2 to Audigy 2 ZS my FS2004 now plays at less than 1 fps, before it was in the 50's.
I have reinstalled the game and all drivers, patched it, updated it etc and its still the same, If I remove the card then the game plays fine. Any ideas ?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sound uses up more memory than you think.
Try shutting in off in the sim's settings and see if that works.
Did you clean out the old cards drivers before you installed the new card and it's drivers.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
David350uk Trainee

yes i did all that but I have now found the cause. I use a midi adaptor lead plugged into the joystick interface for connecting a midi music keyboard and the joystick, when i plug the joystick into the soundcard direct it works fine !
I use this adaptor with other flightsims and it causes no problems, only audidgy 2zs and fs2004.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

At least you found the cause, now you can enjoy the sim.
Thanks for letting us know, it may help someone else sometime.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...