Frame rate win_98 vs win_xp

Netz Rafi Guest

Please tell me why...
I have a dual system computer with win_98 & win_xp
Of course I have the same hardware . I have both fs9 and flight sim 2002 installed.
I can activate each flight sim from each operating sys.
For unknown reason at the same setup at Meigs field the frame rate with win_98 is about 20% higher then with win_xp. (31-32 in win_98, 24-25 with win_xp, fs 2002)
Is there any reason for that ?
My hardware is AMD Duron prosesor 801 MHz 384 mb RAM with NVIDIA mx440 video card. The flight sim setup is minimized.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

One reason is because there is a lot less going on in the background in 98 than XP (even if you shut everything down)

You can make win98 super fast by useing a couple of progs -HyperOS and 98Lite (costs over £100) but you can run your computer on 1gig Ram with the system running from that Ram and not the hard drive ( now thats fast)

I will see if i can find the link and post later

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Found it

Its under 98 lite parts 1 & 2

http://www.micromart.co.uk/content/features/default.asp?category=search&type=2&searchtext=long+live+98&Page=2

I know we are a little off course here but it just makes you wonder

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...