Avro Shackleton Freeby

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Does anyone know where I can download a freeware RAF Avro Shackleton for FS2004???

many thanks

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jaapverduijn Trainee

I am not aware of any FREE Shackleton, but if you decide to spend some money to help keep the Southafrican Shack Mr 3 "Pelican 22" flying, I can soundly recommend the "donationware" Shackleton Project, its very good Shack in both SAAF and RAF liveries.

Be well!

Jaap Verduijn.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As far as I know also the only one is pay-ware. RAF Avro Shackleton

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=esdshack

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

many thanks i may give the payware version a go

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

So there are no free Avro Shackleton's?

I just finished watching a DVD of the RAF's history and really wanna get one, but I dont want to pay any $ as I am saving up for Eaglesoft's Cirrus SR-22

Does anyone have any links?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Feed in (zip number) in the file area in search at www.Flightsim.com
pd920150.zip Model.

shkltn.zip Update.

Radar

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Thanks for the link RM, I just downloaded it and it flys great, looks like a beaut and sounds...well it uses the default c172 audio! 😕 It just seems wrong!

Is there anyway to change it to another aircraft's sound, like the howard 500 I have?

PS. I just couldn't resist some screenies 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CT,
Glad you like it, quite a big download, I would have thought the sounds would have been better.
Locate the Mitchell and see how you like those sounds.
You should be able to change the sound, Greekman just did it with his new C-130, check his post above.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I had installed Shackleton in past.
Probably from a mistake of mine i couldn't manage to make gauges working and i dont give to my trying a lot of time 😕 .
I had found a great add-on of this craft in surclaro.

File names ➡

pdsha520150.zip

&

pvs91905.zip

😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

What post is this you speak of RM and GM about changing the C-130 sound noises? I really wanna get some new ones for the Shackleton, is it as simple as just copying all the sound .wavs and the sound .cfg from another plane to the Shackleton folder?

And what "Mitchell" do you speak off? If you are talking about the B-25 bomber then pleeeeeeeease link me ?!?! I have been looking for one for ages, ever since I was given a model of one last year 😂

And BTW GM, I posted a quote on the screenshot forum to you about the Shakelton explaining how to fix the gauges problem. Here it is again:

Installing Gauges:
Copy PD_SHA in Shackleton gauges folder and paste to the FLT SIM gauges folder.

Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

What post is this you speak of RM and GM about changing the C-130 sound noises? I really wanna get some new ones for the Shackleton, is it as simple as just copying all the sound .wavs and the sound .cfg from another plane to the Shackleton folder?

And what "Mitchell" do you speak off? If you are talking about the B-25 bomber then pleeeeeeeease link me ?!?! I have been looking for one for ages, ever since I was given a model of one last year 😂

And BTW GM, I posted a quote on the screenshot forum to you about the Shakelton explaining how to fix the gauges problem. Here it is again:

Installing Gauges:
Copy PD_SHA in Shackleton gauges folder and paste to the FLT SIM gauges folder.

Cheers

Yes i have seen it and reply you Cheeky.Thanks for that. 😉

About sounds,
if you have not any read me file with some special instructions about installation,you copy all the .Wav files plus the .cfg one(it has to be including in the sounds folder you download)into your aircrafts sound folder.You will be saked to replaced the excisting cfg file,so take care to back the original one just in case.
Then start you engines and enjoy as i enjoy the great sounds of C-130.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...