Until Established by localizer

Newboy Guest

How do I know that I have been established by the localizer. Is it when I first start hearng the beeps.

So when the ATC says "descend and maintain 2500 until established", does that mean start going lower than 2500 after you hear the beeps?

Also, this time i had a good landing except that the undercarraige never opened. I was just about to land and quickly had a spot view, but the wheels werent out. So i pressed gear up again. I thought maybe the wheels only come down after a certain altitude. But even at 2500 and below my wheels never came down. And because I have never done a go around, I crashed into the trees.

Any ideas

Newboy.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

you should have a cockpit indicator to show you when your undercarrage is locked down... are you sure you are going slow enough for them to be lowered?

what are you flying?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Newboy wrote:

How do I know that I have been established by the localizer. Is it when I first start hearng the beeps.

So when the ATC says "descend and maintain 2500 until established", does that mean start going lower than 2500 after you hear the beeps?

Also, this time i had a good landing except that the undercarraige never opened. I was just about to land and quickly had a spot view, but the wheels werent out. So i pressed gear up again. I thought maybe the wheels only come down after a certain altitude. But even at 2500 and below my wheels never came down. And because I have never done a go around, I crashed into the trees.

Any ideas

Newboy.

If ATC says something like that you must be flying IFR. When you are "established on the localizer" the little triangle on the heading indicator starts lowering. You have to have the frequencys and headings for the runway you are supposed to land on by clicking on the map icon button on the panel. Find the your airport on the map and click on it and scroll down and you will find the runway. Put the frequency into the NAV 1 or 2 radio. You may also want to take the instrument flying lessons in the lessons by Rod Machado. He will explain all about it for you if you have any more questions. And just press the G key on your keyboard or the button on your joystick to lower your gear. You can verify that is down, not by looking outside, but making sure that the green light is illimunated meaning that the gear is down and locked. Good flying! 🙂

Last edited by Matthew Shope (mypilot) on Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

New,

All you really need to do is to press the 'G' key on your keyboard to bring your gear up or to lower them.

mypilot wrote:

Newboy wrote:

Any ideas

Newboy.

If ATC says something like that you must be flying IFR. When you are "established on the localizer" the little triangle on the heading indicator starts lowering.

Not quite sure what you mean by that, mypilot. On some planes the little triangles on either side of the HSI mean that you are about to intercept the glide slope, not that you are on the localizer. The localizer is your left-right reference, the glide slope is your vertical reference.

Best advice is to go through the flight lessons (even if you never take the tests).

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...