Airbus Throttle

I know from flight simming that the airbus aircraft use a gate throttle system (i.e. CL, FLX-MCT, TO-GA) but is manual thrust possible or as soon as you move the throttle is is in the CL mode and controlled by the computer...how would you taxi???

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Yes, manual throttle is possible

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

You can taxi using manual throttle, and when you are in the air you can use the different throttle modes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hey, ever used autothrottle to taxi? It's really neat cause it helps a LOT on turns and stuff 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I never used it. I could give it a try. I always taxi manually and I'm pretty good at it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yeh, I tried that, but I found problems. When there is wind from any direction, it causes the airspeed indicator to fluctuate, and sometimes, if it is a consistent wind, it will stay at around say 10 knots. This means if you set the AP to 15 knots, you will only go at 5 knots because it thinks you are already doing 10 knots! I gave up as it gets even more annoying when the wind fluctuates. Fun flying 😀

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

How do you set the autothrottle to taxi speed? I've only seen on aircraft that has a proper automated pre-takeoff and post-takeoff taxi speed and that's an add on prop.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I guess you'd just set the AT Speed value to say 15 knts, then switch your Autothrottle into and engage Speed mode.

Of course a serious airliner simmer couldn't possibly consider such an irregular procedure !

😉 Only jesting FEM, it's a fun idea, I'll give it a try.

Going back to the Airbus, yes it has a "ZONE" between IDLE and CL (the first detent), this zone represents the full throttle range, so it can be used to Taxi but also it's possible to fly the Airbus through all phases of flights, without the Auto Thrust, using the thrust manually.

However normal operating procedures for tak-off is to move the throttle through from IDLE to CL, and then onto FLEX, where the Airbus will then provide computed reduced take-off thrust. The final detent "TOGA" is used where conditions would not permit a reduced thrust take-off.

When the A320 reaches 1500 AGL, the pilot moves the thrust levers o9ut of FLEX and back into CL..... from here, the thrust is computed to maintain speed or climb profiles.

Thanks everybody....especially The-GPS-Kid for his detail on the throttle...bye

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...