burmuda triangle

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

What's the deal with the Burmuda Triangle? I keep hearing that vessels and aircraft keep dissapearing near it. Whhat's up with that?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Guest Ed Guest

From what I've read, it's a bunch of nonsense made up by people who want to sell books about the Bermuda Triangle.

Ed

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Ed's wright, It' all nonsense. Cargo vessels and passenger vessels go through there every day [It was on the Discovery channel].

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You mean last night? I was flipping channels and saw it, but I had to go do homework.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Lots of strange happenings 😳 (but I think the name of the 1st site says it all 😉 )

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/truth/bermuda.html

http://personalweb.about.com/od/burmudatriangle/

😀

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

Maybe they were all cases of "alien abduction". Those "alien" guys may have escaped from "Area 51" in Nevada. 🙂)

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Its one of those things that there is a logical explination for everything.But ithey cant realy explian that squdrent that wnt missing or that Egypt air flight that crashed.

Don Wood Guest

The Lost Squadron is easily explained. Military sqaudrons fly in formation - where the leader goes, they all go. In the 1940's, navigation aids were almost non-existant. The leader got lost and before he could find himself, they reached fuel exhaustion.

There were many, many similar examples outside the Bermuda Triangle of planes taking off, never to be seen again. Some I'm sure, were weather related and some may have been combat losses but the bulk were very likely navigation problems complicated by fuel exhaustion. Anyone remember Glenn Miller or Amelia Airhart(sp?) or dozens of others that got no publicity because no one famous was on board?

I'm not familiar with Egypt Air flight you mentioned.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

it is because of the methane gas in the air that drops airpressure and kill the engine or starts a fire.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Don Wood you have a explanation for everything 😂 😎 but the pilot reported big black triangles above his aircraft. There is another story that I seen a while back about a guy who was flying his cessna 172 -182 (I cant remember which aircraft and where but it was obviously near the triangle) he was 2 hours into the flight when he came across a very large abnormal cloud. He did not want to go through it so he climed and turned to avoid it.At about 10,000 and climing the cloud apeared to be following him and rising the higher he went after about 30mins it dissapeared!? explian this?

I'm sorry for my bad spelling Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

hmmmmm!!!

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Those guys are just there to make money but then again some were pilots.

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

fly sim into that area, see if you can spot any UFOs?
maybe you will get abducted and disapear, then you can come to this forum and tell us what happens after being abducted....hehe 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...