FS9 ATC Sound "stammer"

Pro Member Trainee
warwick30 Trainee

Hi. I have developed a problem with the ATC sound. I get stammering or stuttering (can't think of a better description) in some point in some of the transmissions - not all. I have changed the DirectX sound controls from no hardware acceleration all the way through to full hardware acceleration but it doe not stop the problem. Also, when the sound problem occurs, Flight Simulator seems to slow a bit as if the processor is working harder on something. I installed the FS9 upgrade "patch" and that has not not help. I have a clean PC with no viruses. I have since installed 1GB of RAM and that made no difference. I "think" the problem started around the time I installed Winamp 5.05 (but can't be sure) however I have uninstalled Winamp to no awail. Around the same time I installed a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse but can't see how they might impact just this component of the sound. Anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Warwick

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Reload your sound card driver,Winamp may have corrupted it

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you find it not to be Winamp, take a long look at this.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;812394

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
warwick30 Trainee

Thanks for the suggestions. I have reinstalled Winamp plus reinstalled (and updated) my sound card driver files - all to no avail. I read the Microsoft site to see if there was anything else I could try. Problem still exists. Perhaps this is the opportunity I need to convince my wife I need a new & improved sound card! I'll keep trying to resolve. Thanks for your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Have a look in your PCs "Control Panel" under Audio and Sound Devices and click Audio.Make sure that your sound card is shown as the default device

I dont have Winamp,but I used to get the stammering from TotalRecorder which used its own codec and sorted it via the above

Hope it helps

Pro Member Trainee
warwick30 Trainee

Thanks. Checked and my sound card is the default device. Appreciate the help. Warwick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I had that problem once. (not as bad as you though) I don't know how I fixed it. I was just messin around and it worked. Hack

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...