Cookies?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I've heard people talk about "cookies" what are these things? Are they good or bad? 😕 ❓

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Both, depending on where you got the cookie. They gather information.
If you have settings at a web-site for the weather and dump that cookie you'll have to feed in the information again.

Personally, the last thing I do before I shut down for the night is dump my cookies, cache and history, all useless if you have broadband.
Cache is good if you have dial-up.

Look at the bottom right of this page you'll see a little red circle with a white line, we give cookies, perfectly harmless, just to keep count of hits per day.

Dump your cookies and run Ad-aware and Spy-Bot every night and you should remain clean if you don't go to weird websites.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I can't say that cookies only pick up viruses from weird websites because I have picked up a cookie with a virus from Avsim or FlightSim [one of them].

Pro Member Chief Captain

Could these cookies make your computer slow down? I dumped the cookies last night and it seemed to help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Download free copies of Ad-Aware and Spybot, dump your cookies and run them. They'll clean up any spyware or adware cookies that you can't clean out.
Along with a firewall and an anti virus your computer should be safe.
Defrag at least once a week.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ Ad-Aware. Run first.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/ Spybot.

Keep them updated, free!

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

It's best to defrag when you go to sleep and Yes cookies can slow your PC down but not much.

Pro Member Chief Captain

When I pressed "submit" my screen went blue and said that there was an error on my PC. My dad called falcon's dad and so then I restarted my computer. WHat happened?????????????????????????????????????? 😕 ❓

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...