Help- Beacon problem

Newboy Guest

Hi guys,

Could someone please tell me how to get my beacon light working. I seem to have lost the beacon light. It doesnt work if if i swtich it on in the cockpit. Am i missing a file or something?

thanks

Newboy

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try pressing "O or "L" on your keyboard.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

which aircraft?
Have you changed anything in the config file?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

If it is a add-on aircraft it may have a glitch in it. I have alot of those.

Newboy Guest

I normally fly the 747-400, but i will check my 737 and the Airbus 340 addon.

I was doing a night flight yesterday and I had a look underneath the fuesalage and there was a red light flashing, but there was no lights on the top.

Newboy.

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

Many aircraft have the red beacon on the underside of the fuselage. It is turned on whenever an aircraft has one or more engines running. At the airport the flashing beacon warns workers on the ground that an engine is running-- so they can avoid being sucked into the engine or being "blown down" by the jet wash. If you look out the picture windows at the airport you can tell which aircraft have an engine running-- they will have the beacon turned on.

As far as I know turning on the beacon to warn people on the ground is not an FAA regulation. It is done voluntarily for safety reasons. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

It should be in the aircraft config file
Check with a working aircraft to see if you can see any changes

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...