61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
Night
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 18

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Do you fly during the night or day? SamIntel and I were discussing it.

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I do some night and some day. They both have their atvantages. 😉

Guest Ed Guest

I do a lot of both; I enjoy night flights in the far north for the Aurora Borealis, and the stars. And flying at night makes airports with lights a lot easier to see!

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain

I fly at early dawn in Alaska sometimes. Then most of the time I fly during the day.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

99% during the day.
I will occasionally go for a landing at a major airport at night but I like the scenery so much I can't see the point of flying at night for my purposes
A night landing from the cockpit view seems to be very realistic but easier, strange.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

mostly during the day, as I like the scenery, but there are some nice cities to fly into when they are all lit up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'm a day person myself. Sometimes I'll fly at night in a little plane for fun, but when I fly the heavies, it's ususally a afternoon take-off, and a evening landing.

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

I tend to fly off my system clock, and as I work during the day, most of my flights push back around 18:30 and touch down in the dark.

Andy2005 Guest

I fly mostly in the day because like radarman said there isn't much point if you want to see any scenery. Especially if its payware. We don't pay good money for scenery we can hardly see. However, the occasional night flight isn't a bad idea because it can sharpen your instrument skills when you can't rely on the land around you. ALso in one night flight I saw what I believe to be the Northern Lights which was quite cool.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I fly in both day and night. There's isn't any difference for me.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I sometimes do the night flight but I normaly take off in early morning and land about noon.I also like doing sunset flights 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I like to plan my flights so that I arrive early evening,just before it gets too dark to see the scenery and so I can see more traffic about my destination airport.I helps you to try and fit in between aircraft when its busy

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

KurtPStevens wrote:

I tend to fly off my system clock, and as I work during the day, most of my flights push back around 18:30 and touch down in the dark.

Same here Kurt. Not only do we get to fly to cool destinations but we get arrival/departure times and differing light conditions that make things more interesting and more real-world authentic in terms of the visable passage of time.

Like TTT I also like to arrive in the evening time and observe the incoming traffic patterns and the various airlines on approach.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i generally fly during the day, i love to look at the beautiful scenery and take it all in.

However, nighttime landings are superb with the runway lights lining up perfectly before me! 😉

Great fun

Micah

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I sometimes take a night flight if I'm not sleepy it works 😳 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

I did a night flight from Denver to Los Angeles once. The runway lights were cool. 😀 And so were all the traffic on the ground as well.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Usually dawn or dusk or night time for me....

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Michael_H wrote:

Usually dawn or dusk or night time for me....

Pretty much the same for me. I usually start a flight so when I get to my destination the sun is pretty much set but it is still a little light outside. I love my sunset scenery ❤️

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...