ya

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

hi its me again but before I get ultumite traffic i have a few questions>>>>>>>>> first does it give the pc a lag and the aircraft all the aircraft thet are in it will they be flyable so you can fly them without dowloading them and how many people would prefer ultamate traffic im compairing before i buy its works well you guys should try geting votes for planes and things before you fly them or use them. so far it has worked well. not the ultamate traffic i havn`t bought that yet im currently talking about compairing so any commets would greatly be apriesiated thank you for your time good bye.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Will you take an FPS hit, it depends on your computer. If you have it at 100% and are at the airport you will take a hit, not major but it will be there.
No you can't fly them, it's a complete add-on program not individual installations.
I keep it at 100% because it looks so good when you take off and land.
You may want to keep it at a lower percent so the line to take off won't be too long.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

I have ultimate traffic two, suppose I add 512mb more ram to my current 512mb ram, will it improve the fps with a lot of traffic on?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i will put it on what ever i whant it to be on but thanks anyway guys

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Hi,

Quite a while ago i bought Traffic 2004 from airosoft, and it really adds to your experience, plus every single plane is flyable, yes at a reduced quality, but flyable all the same.
If it is at 100% it doesn't hit your frame rates too badly but the q's to take off can keep you waiting a while at busy times!!

Great add-on though ❗

Micah

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Micah wrote:

Hi,

Quite a while ago i bought Traffic 2004 from airosoft, and it really adds to your experience, plus every single plane is flyable, yes at a reduced quality, but flyable all the same.
If it is at 100% it doesn't hit your frame rates too badly but the q's to take off can keep you waiting a while at busy times!!

Great add-on though ❗

Micah

I have Aerosoft's My Traffic 2004 and found some FPS hits when set to 100% at airports. Yeah, you can fly the AI aircraft in My Traffic 2004, but as Micah points out, the graphical quality is lacking when viewing most of these a/c up close. Still one or two of them are fun to fly. And many military a/c are included.

My biggest complaint with these programs is the length of time it takes to startup FS9 and get to the "Select a flight" window. Once you initialized FS9 it can take over a minute while the Traffic 2004 loads its part of the program. A more powerful computer may possibly speed the process.

In the beginning, I uninstalled My Traffic 2004 a couple of times because the long start up times were aggravating me. (I not a patient person) But eventually re-installed it because I realize empty airports... uh... well... suck. I now accept the long FS9 startup although begrudingly. It is definitely worth it. The additional a/c at airports and in the skies add to the realism.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

My biggest complaint with these programs is the length of time it takes to startup FS9 and get to the "Select a flight" window. Once you initialized FS9 it can take over a minute while the Traffic 2004 loads its part of the program. A more powerful computer may possibly speed the process.

I haven't had this problem Michlin, my fs9 starts pretty quickly and runs ok. what system specs are you operating with, and how religously do you defrag etc?

micah

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hey, I figured you ought to know before you buy it that UT2004 will hit your FPS very hard. Mind you, i'm using a X800XT PE, 2GB RAM, and a 2.8Ghz Pro. Usually I'd get 60-120FPS when flying, that's everything turned up as high as it will go. When I use UT@ 100% Traffic and are at a very busy airport, I'm lucky to get 18FPS.

Just thought I'd add that.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Micah wrote:

I haven't had this problem Michlin, my fs9 starts pretty quickly and runs ok. what system specs are you operating with, and how religously do you defrag etc?

micah

micah,

The problem is my (one time cutting edge) three year old Falcon-NW Mach V 2100+ etc, etc system is getting tired. The one gig of DDR and an old NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 w/128MB still allows me to get by surprising well. I will buy a new high octane puter just before FS10 is due for release next summer. Things will be much better then. 😎

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

When I'm in a hurry and the line to the active is long, I turn off crash detection and just go right thru those suckers in front of me. Even Ground & ATC doesn't seem to mind ! rob

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...