North West Airlines - 727

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Hey,

I believe NWA still fly some Boeing 727s .....

Would anyone happen to know a route that they still oprate the 727s on ?

Thanks in naff pants .... 😉

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

No-one got any ideas ?

I was wanting to know this for something that's happening is 45 mins so if anyone knows, please shout up. Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Pro-Sim, I asked for help in my VA forum and this is what I got.

"Northwest no longer flies the 727 to my knowledge (as of 2002 i think). Unless you meant an older route, but I'm not sure of where they used to fly (except one from around 20 years ago from PIT-MSP.) "

Written by Jonathan Barret

Last edited by Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) on Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

Here's more information I got.

The 727 is no longer in operation by Northwest, but some flights out of Detroit in the early 80's include;

DTW-BOS
DTW-ORD
DTW-CLE
DTW-GRR
DTW-MSP
DTW-PIT

Written by Brendan Kelley

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Ahhhh thank you for kindly finding out about this Agus ! That's very good of you ....

It must have been another airline I think.

I had just took delivery of my new CH Throttle Quadrant and wanted to do a "Three engine" flight (727) to really test the throttle !

(I used to have 747 Ready for pushback (4 engines to test the throttles 😂 ) but it no longer works .... it crahes every time now.

Anyway I flew the Level D 767 with the Throttle Quadrant and it was fantastic - it's a lot easier to set your approach and landing speed with a big fist full of throttles !

Thank you for the help Agus 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

You're welcome, Pro-Sim!!

The 727 is an old airplane, so few airlines operate it.

It's good to know that your CH Throttle Quadrant works great. I'd really like to have one. But now I want to spend my money in books and videos about aviation. I bought another video of an A330-200 operated by Airtours and it's awesome!

RCNEXTGEN Guest

hey,

i just flew from Phoenix to Houston and read your post a few days ago. As we were taxing to the runway I saw about 7 727's all parked alongside each other at Sky Harbor Intl. Several were for an airline called C.A.T. and the others were for a cargo company...i forgot the name thou (cabin crew wouldn't let me get my backpack from the overhead cabin as the seatbelt sign was on Sad

Andy

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Thanks Andy ! 😉

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

yes as of 2002 the 727 was retired

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...