No-CD Patch for FS2004 - Anything else affected?

Pro Member Trainee
Quisp Trainee

I noticed the size of the replacement file FS9.exe is half the size of the original. I also installed the Microsoft updates for FS9. If I replace the FS9.exe with the patch will anything else be affected (settings, updates installed, and functions or capabilities)?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

You should not experience any problems. Since you updated FS9 to FS9.1 use the appropiate updated 9.1 No-cd patch.

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

If worried, just rename fs9.exe to FS9.EXE_OLD ... You can always go back if you think something is wrong ...rob

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Quisp wrote:

I noticed the size of the replacement file FS9.exe is half the size of the original. I also installed the Microsoft updates for FS9. If I replace the FS9.exe with the patch will anything else be affected (settings, updates installed, and functions or capabilities)?

In a word: no. Still I recommend backing up or renaming the original as Habu suggested. This is easier than going into your original CDs with WinRAR and extracting the file if for some reason you need it again (you won't).

The new .exe file is smaller because it doesn't have the wretched copy protection scheme in it, muwahahahahahaha.

Enjoy,
--Rick

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...