Tu-104 and IL-62

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anyone know it either of these are available for FS9? If so, where?

Last edited by CrashGordon on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain

Many thanks. Many years ago, I flew as a passenger on both. The IL-62 was a much nicer plane than the TU-104.

Now, all I have to do is figure out why Firefox doesn't handle downloads from these sites. I hate using IE. Wall Bashing

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Hey guy. I have the 'bull'. Yeah, it is a 2002 model and it doesn't really make the grade. I have most of the other Russian planes,; TU-144, 134, 154 and so on. They are all a lot of fun.

Wheels on the ground!! HA! HA!

'NEVER hit anything with your airplane except the,, a runway. Even so! With your wheels!! NOT the nose wheel first either!!!!'.

'YES SIR!!!'

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think a case can be made for "on the ground" still being in the realm of above (rather than below) the ground.

The TU-104 in the Aeroflot fleet in 1973 appeared to be a converted medium bomber. After all, would there be any other reason for a nose window or bomb bay doors on an airliner? I had photographed one before boarding it in Helsinki. Unfortunately, the photo hasn't survived. 😞

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

As I understand it, the 'glass noses were for celestial navigation. This was needed due to the vast distances and limited nav aids. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

And the bomb bay doors were for convenient emptying of the restrooms over those vast spaces ? 😉

BTW, the TU-104 I was on had almost no sound deadening and the pilot must have been a bored military type. He executed a turn over Moscow State University that enabled the passengers on the starboard side to turn their heads to the right and look straight down at the main buildings.

I wonder how many of the passengers required a change of underwear after that manuver.

The IL-62, on the other hand, was very pleasant plane to be in.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...