VSI readings incorrect

crosscheck9 Guest

In the posky V4 767, I was flying gulf air from gatwick to bahrain. The autopilot read that it was climbing at VSR of 2200 fpm, but the VSI indicated a climb of 2000 fpm. How do I know which one is right, and how do I fix the problem

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

In the posky V4 767, I was flying gulf air from gatwick to bahrain. The autopilot read that it was climbing at VSR of 2200 fpm, but the VSI indicated a climb of 2000 fpm. How do I know which one is right, and how do I fix the problem

2200 FPM is what the auto pilot was set for. Your airplane was climbing at 2000 FPM. The aircraft could not get that much climb out of it. Only problem that I see is that a 767 should be able to do 2000 FPM easy. I think. But anyway, your VSI should be correct.
If i'm wrong please correct me.

crosscheck9 Guest

well, during my climb, I later reduced to 2000 fpm, and it read 1800 fpm, so I don't think that it would have diffculty acheiving that kind of rate of climb.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm not familiar with the aircraft but if its a mistake a way of finding out which one is correct then check which one reads zero on the ground. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...