Sectional Charts

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Being new to Flyaway my FS capabilities have gone up by leaps and bounds having followed the posts from all the good people out there in Flyaway and I'm now getting to the stage of doing things "proper". Where do I obtain charts for the major UK airports - are there any downloads anywhere??

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Don Wood Guest

Since no one has answered you from the UK, I'll give a general answer a try.

I am not aware of any web site on which you can download sectionals. The primary difficulty in doing so is that they are very large pieces of paper and I have trouble visualizing how they might be downloaded and still be useful.

The advice I would give a USA pilot is to go to the nearest airport that either gives flight lessons or rents airplanes. The company doing that almost always has a pilot's supply store where you can purchase a sectional. They are not very expensive and then you'll have the real thing in your hands. I would guess the same answer would apply in the UK.

Thanks Don - I was trying to avoid mail order - I'll try down the local airstrip - they know me from my photography exploits there

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...