Engine start

crosscheck9 Guest

In the sim, when you start the engines during pushback, they sound a lot louder than they do in real life. Is there anything we can alter in the fs9.cfg file that will fix this? Thank you

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

You can just go into the sound option in FS9 and lower the individual sounds.

crosscheck9 Guest

How would I know which one's I should lower--There are hundreds!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm checking

crosscheck9 Guest

Thank you very much

Pro Member Chief Captain

I gotta go to work like NOW or else it's curtains, i'll have a closer look tomorrow.

crosscheck9 Guest

sure, take your time and have a good day at work. Thanks for all of your help

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

lower the engine sounds since they are what is giving you the trouble

crosscheck9 Guest

Actually, the engine sounds are perfect, but the second I switch on Engine 1, the whine is deafening, as if I'm hearing it from outside the aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain

oh well i dont know i dont have that problem. but i would like to know what aircraft are you having trouble with

crosscheck9 Guest

Okay, to see exactly what I mean, follow these steps.

1 - In avsim, search for Cold cockpit At Startup, in the FS2004 search category.

2 - Download and install it.

3 - Load a flight with any jet aircraft, but preferebly start at the gate

4 - Get all of your clearences done, then, as you pushback, start up the engines. Don't they sound a little louder than they should as they startup. I mean, in a real plane, you do hear the sound, and it is pretty loud, but not as much as in the sim.

Pro Member Chief Captain

i dont go to avisim bad expeirience

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...