Problem with landing lights in FS2k4

ACA370 Guest

Hey all,

Hope someone can help...

I just noticed that for some reason I can't see any landing lights in the 2D view. I'm aware that some aircraft brought over from previous versions don't work, but NONE of my aircraft show landing lights in 2D view. I can see them from the spot view and virtual cockpit, just not the 2D!?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Things I've tried:
Cranking display settings
Ensured my spotlight.bmp is ok.
A ton of planes from 172 to PMDG
Render to texture and vice versa, lighting and textures etc.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

The lights may be angled in the down position. From the 2D view try moving the light using these keyboard commands:

Landing Light Tilt Down = CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 2

Landing Light Tilt Left = CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 4

Landing Light Tilt Right = CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 6

Landing Light Tilt Up = CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 8

Center Landing Light = CTRL+SHIFT+Num Pad 5

ACA370 Guest

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah, I saw that in another post and gave it a whirl to no avail... 😞

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...