steps to becoming a 757 aircraft pilot

crosscheck9 Guest

Hello,
What exactly does a person have to do to become a 757 sized aircraft pilot. How long does it take. Around what ages should someone begin studying. I would like to know all of the steps involved. For example, I plan on going to university, earning a masters degree in aeronautical engineering, and then going on to flight school. Thank you.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

You need to have a numerous ratings to be an airline pilot.

I'll put it this way, there's a reson why all the jumbo jet pilots are grey haired. They have been flying for 20 years or more before getting to the "big leagues?"

ant478 Guest

Hi, im 16 and the RAF are sponsoring me for 5 years, i get free flying lessons too! then i have to server for them for 12 years. After that, i want to move to america and fly for a courier airline like FedEx or DHL. Im from UK u see. Good luck with uni mate

Right now? Basically impossible. The only airlines flying 757's in the US arent hiring and wont be for a while. It will take you many years and thousands of dollars to become a pilot at a Major airline. If I were you, I wouldnt waste 80,000 dollars at ERAU to become a regional pilot making 18,000 a year. Do you research. There are other, and better, ways of doing it.

www.flightinfo.com
www.airlinepilotcentral.com

crosscheck9 Guest

So what are you saying - Change my career plans? I don't think I will. I'll find a way to make it. If your saying there's another way to make it, well then, I hope there is.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

theres always the airforce. my uncle went through the airforce and now hes a first officer for alaska but we wont be a captain cuz he has such a high senoirty, but i have to talk to him and ask him what he thinks i should do cuz i want to be a pilot too.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...