VERY difficult taxiing this bird

crosscheck9 Guest

I'm finding it very difficult to taxi the Posky 767's. They don't turn as hard as they should, and they are very slow to respond. I know it's nothing to do with rudder sensitivity, because I adjusted it, and it made no difference. To try it out, go to projectopensky.com > Downloads > 767-200> continental. See if you get the same results. What can I alter in .cfg file to fix this?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

crosscheck9 wrote:

I'm finding it very difficult to taxi the Posky 767's. They don't turn as hard as they should, and they are very slow to respond. I know it's nothing to do with rudder sensitivity, because I adjusted it, and it made no difference. To try it out, go to projectopensky.com > Downloads > 767-200> continental. See if you get the same results. What can I alter in .cfg file to fix this?

Hi crosscheck9, are you accustomed to the 767 in general? They are a bit slower to respond, but since I don't have that particular model (I fly the LDS767) I'm not sure how dramatic this is in yours. I'll be watching to see if someone comes up with a solution, and if not I'll download and test it.

Cheers,

Rick

crosscheck9 Guest

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I'm not very accustomed to the 767, however I'm very familiar with it's younger twin, the 757. I had heard that it had a little bit of a delay before the response, but with this craft, I find it fairly dramatic. I thought it might be like the 737, which also has a little delay. If someone does decide to download it, please let me know how you get along. Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

crosscheck9 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I'm not very accustomed to the 767, however I'm very familiar with it's younger twin, the 757. I had heard that it had a little bit of a delay before the response, but with this craft, I find it fairly dramatic. I thought it might be like the 737, which also has a little delay. If someone does decide to download it, please let me know how you get along. Thanks.

I see that the file was written for FS2002, and in my experience, even though such add-ons may work, there is often some tweaking to be done to get satisfactory results.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...