Cant start FS2004 from cd4

foretwoone Guest

Ok i just bought FS04 for my new pc and did a complete install. The very first time i started it up it worked fine, then i shut it down and came back 2 hours later and it wouldn't start up. The disk drive spins then it just stops spinning and wont start. Its not the drive cuz bf2 starts fine when i insert the cd. So i uninstalled it and tried again with the patch, but no luck. Has anyone encountered this.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you didn't follow the patch installation step by step it won't work.
Try the NO-CD crack and see if that works.
We have it here but for member download only, look around and you should be able to find it.
There are two, one for the sim (FS9) with the patch and one without the patch, you have to use the right one.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

This is just a guess but CD4 doesn't start the game, you have to have it for the game to start but you have to start the game from either the shortcut or from Programs/microsoft games/ FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

i think he mens the 4th cd there are 4 cds in the case and it will only play the game with the 4th cd.

right...

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

WarHawk42 wrote:

This is just a guess but CD4 doesn't start the game, you have to have it for the game to start but you have to start the game from either the shortcut or from Programs/microsoft games/ FS9.

Exactly what I was thinking.

@foretwoone: Access the sim from your Start menu as Warhawk42 describes above, and have your CD4 in the drive when you do. Also follow Radar's advice to get the no_cd patch so you can leave CD4 out of the drive.

nothin worked guys, even getting a new box set of cds didnt work, maybe its the way my pc is configured, i have the cd drive and hdd on one ide cable. that is still not a reason to cause this trouble, i havent any trouble with any other programs, guess i'll just have to wait for fs10. thanx anyway guys.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Anonymous wrote:

i have the cd drive and hdd on one ide cable.

That should not be a problem. My computers have always been configured that way since CD drives have been out.

Did you install the NOCD. patch? That should eliminate the need for any CD to be in the drive to use the sim.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

nothin worked guys, even getting a new box set of cds didnt work, maybe its the way my pc is configured, i have the cd drive and hdd on one ide cable. that is still not a reason to cause this trouble, i havent any trouble with any other programs, guess i'll just have to wait for fs10. thanx anyway guys.

That makes no sense at all, and why on earth would you be willing to plonk down more money if you bought this copy and it didn't work? Call Microsoft and they'll deal with it, if you have a legit version of course. Wink

foretwoone Guest

well someone at the game store said something very smart today, "It probably wont run without SP2 installed" . So low and behold i went home and installed SP2, spent all night on it, and........it still didnt work, lol.
I took SoCALRick's advice and i emailed microsoft tech support. But we all know they wont bother to help me, lol. I just have 1 question to anyone in the forums, is there supposed to be a folder in MY DOCUMENTS dedicated to fs2004, because if there is i dont have it!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes, there is supposed to be a folder there. "Flight Simulator Files" Is the name and it has the default start up flight in it. You can't run the sim without it.
You should have the sim on your main (C) drive.

Forget about SP2 being the cause, I've never had it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

foretwoone wrote:

well someone at the game store said something very smart today, "It probably wont run without SP2 installed"

Not so smart. Some problems can actually be caused by SP2.

is there supposed to be a folder in MY DOCUMENTS dedicated to fs2004, because if there is i dont have it!

You sure you have a legit version? I've never installed FS9 and had it "forget" to install the Flight Simulator Files directory under My Documents.

*cough*bitorrent*cough* 😛

Good luck pal.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...