Problems with project opensky 757

gazpode_l Guest

I have recently downloaded the opensky boeing 757 to try it out and this has a very slow response rate as well as a very slow turn rate (IE it takes a while to respond to the keyboard press and as it banks it turns into the bank slower than anything I've ever flown before. can you find a work around on this ?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
blllybobie1 Guest

no i don't my suggestion is 2 get a new game 🙄

blllybobie1 Guest

no i don't my suggestion is 2 get a new game 🙄

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I think it's their philosophy to have their planes feel "heavy" (i.e. bank slowly, turn with difficulty etc). I don't know of a work around, just keep a low taxi speed and plan your turns ahead 🙂

crosscheck9 Guest

Gazpode - I think I know what you mean - I had a similar problem with an IFDG 767 - it responded ever so slowly, and I could never make sharp turns, even at slow speeds. In my case, I didn't get any help from the members at the IFDG forum, because they said that the creator of that particular aircraft left IFDG. Post your question in the project opensky forums, and see if the same problem has already been reported, if not, post your question there. Also, maybe someone here would have a cure for your problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I would suggest grabbing a joystick as well, keyboard flying in my opinion is hard, harder than...well it's just bad

gazpode_l Guest

I found the answer last night whilst browsing ym computer. I found There is a programme called fsedit which comes as standard with fs2002. I copied over the files into my fs2004 directory which worked! It now allows me to edit fs2004 planes. I have altered the max deflection rate for both ailerons and elevators under the controls section and then under "dynamics" i've also adjusted the section there for roll, yaw and pitch as well as all of the sections for adjusting the elevators, ailerons and rudders. It now responds quicker.

Let me know if you think it's worth my while sending the updated dynamics to opensky, or if you have to be a member find me a member so I can email them the file. 😎 THEY MUST quote my name on the update tho 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Somehow, I do not think they will be interested in a fix which makes the plane less like the real thing.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I also doubt Opensky would be interested.. Those big hulking masses of metal are not supposed to fly like a fighter jet. Slight exaggeration 😛

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

I agree that POSKY would be uninterested in changes that reduce the flight dynamics of their aircraft. I also fly the POSKY B757 in the old colors of Delta Airlines and find it to be a bit "slower" than other aircraft but I like the change of the heavier stick. Very stable on approach and landing and it sets down on the runway like a real jet aircraft would instead of having to kid glove it each and every time like some cartoonish plane.

Rick Lee Guest

gazpode_l wrote:

I have recently downloaded the opensky boeing 757 to try it out and this has a very slow response rate as well as a very slow turn rate (IE it takes a while to respond to the keyboard press and as it banks it turns into the bank slower than anything I've ever flown before. can you find a work around on this ?

gazpode if you're prepared to trade a 757 for a 767 for the time being (Posky, of course) may I suggest you check out ➡

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=avsma767.zip&Author=&CatID=root

for the time being. Nothing's perfect - but this baby includes not only the hard to handle flight dynamics but also a folder named : 767-EASY with additional air- and .cfg file.

Check it out, Regards Rick 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...