fs2004 installation error cd2 USEnglishBig.gvp

halflike Guest

I get an Error installing FS2004.
on CD2 (40%), it says:
"Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 encountered a disk error while writing to the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Sound\USEnglishBig.gvp. Make sure your hard disk is not full, and that the file is not in use."
->
AMD Athlon XP1800+, 512DDR, 60GB / 18GB free, Win2K SP4, GeForce2 MX/MX400...
system cleaning performed yesterday, no virus... no file associaton with GVP, and the file seems not to be in use except by FS installer itself!
... shunting down all other applications and processes doesn't change anything!
(either the express and the custom setup gives the same)
???

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try installing it on another computer if possible to see if it is a disk problem. It also sounds as if you either need better (sound card) drivers or have the wrong ones.
Does your WMP work or is it corrupt.
This is a strange message so try all you can.

Let us know how you do.

Pro Member Trainee
Marauder Trainee

I got the same (or similar) message. The window had a button called "retry." I clicked it and the install completed!

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Is it an original version of FS2004?

I'm getting the same thing.

Did u ever get it fixed, would like to do the same if u did.

Cobra Driver

n03L Guest

I get the same error at 41% I tried to install it on another PC but it won't work, It's very strange because in my old installation of windows (crashed in 2004 😞 ) the Installation of FS2004 Works fine. I tried to unpack the file from the CD and winRAR said the File is damaged 😳

AMD Athlon 3000+ 2,8 GHz Harddisk 200GB/66GB Free 512MB Memory

Work around is when installing select custom the the minimal install this will then install USEnglishSmall.gvp instead and the install should go through.

I read somewhere that it is caused by low end sound cards and all it does is reduce the amount of options for ATC voices etc and a few other bits and pieces.

I had to do that install and fs2004 works fine for me. Idea

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...