Please Help. Installation Problem

Pro Member Trainee
Beatles Trainee

Hi. I used to have FS 2004 running on my computer but after I reformatted my computer the game will not install again. I did save all my downloaded planes and saved flights before the reformat and I have put them back on after the reformat.

The installation gets up to about 17% when an error message comes up which says:

"Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 encountered a disk error while writing to the file C:\Program Files\Flight Simulator 9\Charts\Lessons\KTIW.gif. Make sure your hard disk is not full, and that the file is not in use.

If I click 'retry' the message just comes up again a few seconds later. If I quit the setup and try to reinstall the game again it does the same thing except sometimes the file name in the error message is a little different. e.g I have also received the error message with:

C:\Program Files\Flight Simulator 9\Charts\Lessons\KSEA.gif

in it, and a few others. I have 12 GB free space. Would anyone be able to offer any advice on how I can fix this? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
joe663828 Guest

serial number needed?how?no serial number..how i can find this serial number???flight sim hongkong2004 serial number

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

Check your registry for errors. go to add/remove programs and make sure that it is completely uninstalled b4 you try to reinstall it, Make sure that your CD is good and clean. (you can wash them with dish detergent and dry them off with a soft terrycloth towel) make sure your O/S is totally up to date and all your system/board drivers are up to date (i had that problem once when i forgot to install all the motherboard drivers after i formatted a HD)

Hope this helps

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

joe663828 wrote:

serial number needed?how?no serial number..how i can find this serial number???flight sim hongkong2004 serial number

It's on the back of the CD pack.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Beatles Trainee

I cleaned the CD and it worked! The game is now installed.

Thanks for your help! 😀

Danny

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (Littleal100) Trainee

Try to go to the microsoft web sight

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...