downloading planes on to fs 2004 disck trouble

captin sullivan Guest

I keep on having trouble when i try and download an aircraft on to my flight simulation disk as it wont let me add aircraft on to the c.d.it says the disk is full but also says i can copy files on to it.however it dosent let me delete files off the c.d neither. please could anybody help me with my problem.

thank you very much to who ever answers.

😞 Surprised

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A CD holds about 700mb, if you load one at a time you'll use the disk up faster with fewer files that you would if you burned the 700mb at one time.
In other words, make a folder and download you aircraft into it and burn that when you reach 695mb or burn one at a time and have half the files on the CD.
There are two types of CD's, one will let you burn the files to it once and that's it, you can't delete them. This is the most common ones that you find in the stores and on sale.
The other lets to rewrite (delete) files.

If you are trying to add aircraft to your flight sim 4 disk set, forget it the disk is locked.

Radar

so what would be the best thing to do then at this moment.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you are planning on keeping downloads so you can burn them to a CD make a folder in "My Documents" and download to there. You can open them, install them in the sim and when that folder reaches 695mb, burn it for safe keeping.
That way you'll have your favorite aircraft in case you have to reinstall the sim again.
Name it "FlightDownoads".

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...