New joystick time?

Pro Member Trainee
McFinni Trainee

i have a rather old logitech wingman force feed back. i'm having a few problems with my driver and the butmunchies at logitech nolonger make the driver for the joystick. Sholud i upgrade and what to when your on a tight budget
i also have the same problem of the stick reacting violently to some games

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Idea Some of the older sticks aren't working to well in Windows XP.
Just a guess but I think MS's Sidewinder is probably the cheapest out there.
I'm using the USB one not Force feedback
If I remember correctly it cost me $40 last summer. I don't think that it's still available but the FF one should be.
If you search a little you may be able to find one like mine.
Good hunting. 👍

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Hello I use the non F/F usb sidewinder also on XP
As RadarMan has said a lot of the older j/sticks do seem to be a problem with XP
The only advice I can give is buy the best one you can afford and make sure its compatable with XP.

Anybody got a good one running under XP ❓ ❓

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

It is quite sad that the word "logitech" brings an association of nightmare in my counselling sessions...

I had 3 of their wingman devices fail on me in succession. The 4th is on the tip.

The company doesn't engineer, nor support its products in a manner I would expect. I will not buy from them again.

There are many other better engineered, and supported sticks out there, just do a search.

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

There is another way with XP. XP users with old drivers/devices should click on Start - Programs - Accessories - and use the Compatability Wizard. The Compatability Wizard can emulate Win95, WinNT and other older versions of the Windows operating system. Give it a try.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I posted an article here reviewing some great joysticks:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4684/

Feel free to comment on the article over there.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...