EPR

Wright Bro Guest

Hey guys,
can anyone tell me what is the EPR gauge for?
What does it indicate anyway?

THANX A LOT

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
nauer bO Guest

There's something i would like to know too

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well EPR stands for Exhaust Pressure Rating. That is all I know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'd guess that it's to let you know of a possible over-pressure of the exhaust. Possibly could cause an explosion? Maybe it's used in FsPax for some fun failure 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

From a glossary:

EPR: Exhaust backPressure Regulator, also EBP regulator
Output; For quicker engine warm-up at cold temperatures. If the IAT is below 37°F (50°F some models) and the EOT is below 140°F (168° some models) the PCM sends a duty cycle signal to a solenoid which controls oil flow from the turbo pedestal. This causes a servo to close a valve at the turbo exhaust outlet. The PCM monitors the EBP input to determine if the EPR needs to be disabled to provide power for increased load, then reapplys the EPR as load demand decreases until EOT or IAT rises. PID: EPR (duty cycle), EBP (pressure)

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...