Trees

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Would anyone know where I can download some new textures for the trees in FS9?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Chris,
It's my understanding that these still work in 2004, be sure to back up your original folder.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=trees_v3.zip&CatID=fs2002scen&Go=Search

Let us know how they look.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Thanks Radarman! I'm downloading them now and I will let you know if they work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I read the Readme, but it doesn't give instructions on how to install...

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Chris102 wrote:

Would anyone know where I can download some new textures for the trees in FS9?

In my wandering around for planes and scenery I did run across a file for trees, I just wish I could remember where I saw it. As I recall it was for FS2004.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

This might be something you would interested in.

I found this at Flightsim.com, file name V2 libry.zip.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

More - these are for fs9 ➡

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004sd&DLID=57252

Here's plenty to choose from (with other stuff intermingled) ➡

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004&Sort=Name&ScanMode=1&Name=trees&FileName=&Author=&DLID=&Page=1

Hope you find what you're looking for,
Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is what I get from it. I read the entire thing and it is a bit confusing because it's made for 2000 and 2002 not 2004.
This is why you back up a folder before adding anything.
BRING IN THE NEW!
----------------

Unzip the contents of the file SCENERY.ZIP into your main <fs####>\scenery
folder. This installs a single file called trees_0.bgl that contains all
the tree objects. The same file works correctly with either FS2000 or
FS2002.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's all down to the "Gerrish"-trees, isn't it?

Just found deep inside my well organised mess what I was looking for:

File name : ffflv1.2.zip

Source : avsim. Do an extended search and paste the filename into you know where.

File Description:
FREEflow Ultimate Florida is a FREE scenery addon for Microsoft Flight Simulator which will transform the state of Florida. A complete rebuild of the scenery of the entire area from the Mississippi River delta, east to Jacksonville, and south through the Keys and Dry Tortugas National Park. Features include: * Land class, Water class, and completely new coasts, bays, rivers, lakes, ponds, reservoirs, marinas and Florida's extensive canal system, and even airboat trails! * Detailed scenery depicting the unique ecology of the Everglades, southern Florida's Water Management Areas and Lake Okeechobee. * Detailed scenery accurately placing cultivated lands (Citrus groves and Golf Courses). * Detailed scenery which properly places urban features such as the Miami, Port of Miami, Lakeland, St. Petersburg and others. * Offshore scenery placing several drilling platforms in the Gulf of Mexico that include fully functional helipads. * AFCADs for the drilling platforms and many relocated and upgraded default airports. * An optional set of major roads and highways. * An optional set of major bridges. * AI surface traffic including custom designed airboats and container ships. * Fully compatible with popular commercial addons such as USARoads and FSGenesis' American Data. * Version 1.2 fixes all reported issues and is a replacement for the original file. It adds new detail to the Mobile Alabama area and to Disney!

What's all this got to do with trees?? Download it and read all the documentation! Though Ultimate Florida was designed for fs9 it uses the Gerrish FS2002 trees and the readme will tell you exactly how to go on about the installation. You might find this very interesting Idea

Screenshots please Drool
Rick

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

It's all down to the "Gerrish"-trees, isn't it?

Just found deep inside my well organised mess what I was looking for:

File name : ffflv1.2.zip

Source : avsim. Do an extended search and paste the filename into you know where.

Rick

I downloaded that file, I didn't get very far with it until I took it off. I live in Pesancola which is bordered by the Escambia bay/river on the east side. It was all messed up. There was some explanation for it but it didn't matter, it was all wrong.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Thanks everyone for your help!
I've installed a few of them and they look pretty nice.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...