Laptop medion 96500 and FS 2004

marc de ruyck Guest

Hello Australian Simmers,
I live in Belgium and in two days the medion MD 96500 is for sale here.
Does anybody have any firsthand experience with FS 2004 'on line with IVAO' on this laptop?
would be a great help in making the right choice...
marc

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

I dont know jacl about computers. But I use my stock Dell 6000 laptop to play FS2004. Its not made to play games at all, but it plays this one just fine. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I looked up the specs on that machine and it should run the sim nicely. It's not the most powerful but I think you'll be pleased with it.

Intel Pentium M processor 740 (1.73 GHz, 2 MT L2 Cache, FSB 533)
Intel 915 PM chip set and Intel PRO/Wireless 2200
ATI Mobility Radeon X700 XL PCI express with 128 MT GDR RAM
SAMSUNG non removable disk 100 GB with 5.400 U/min and 8 MT Cache
1024 MT GDR II RAM (both memory banks occupies)
Biometric security
Wireless Lan
8 into 2 multi-card readers
56k modem
SAMSUNG 15.4 tariff high polish TFT w-xga broad screen - dissolution 1280 x of 800 pixels
Digitally TV tuner
Radio tuner
Bluetooth 2.0
PANASONIC 8x multi standard DVD/CD burner with dual Layer and DVD RAM support

Radar

ANON Guest

DO NOT BUY MEDION 96500, flight sim has issues with running on it.
I have just returned mine to Aldi becuase it froze up altogether as it is plagued with problems, google the laptop and there is alot of bad reviews. Flight sim comes with it but doesnt start due to a conflict with the fingerprint sensor. Medions answer ... none. Thier tech support doesnt reply to you about this issue. I only had my 96500 for a week and now it doesnt even turn on.
You will find in most cases people have had problems with:
TV CARD - its pointless, you would get a better signal if you stuck a piece of bacon in the slot instead.
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE - These freeze up and cause the computer to not turn off, solution hold down shut down button.
100GB HARD DRIVE - Its partitioned and you can only use about 30GB of it.

Obviously this is my opinion but I would suggest go for something else, Im currently looking at a good make like Sony and even Dell.
I have to admit the specs on the Medion are unbeatable for the price but if you want a computer that does the job spend an extra £200.

Lost_jedi Guest

I have the same freezing issues. But apprently there is a fix available to download and a very good BIOS update.

The TV card is wonderful. Runs perfectly in every way.
The 100GB being partitioned is abit of a bummer. I am gonna recombine mine at some point soon.

what is wrong with loading programs to d

Sphagnum1 Guest

RadarMan wrote:

I looked up the specs on that machine and it should run the sim nicely. It's not the most powerful but I think you'll be pleased with it.

Intel Pentium M processor 740 (1.73 GHz, 2 MT L2 Cache, FSB 533)
Intel 915 PM chip set and Intel PRO/Wireless 2200
ATI Mobility Radeon X700 XL PCI express with 128 MT GDR RAM
SAMSUNG non removable disk 100 GB with 5.400 U/min and 8 MT Cache
1024 MT GDR II RAM (both memory banks occupies)
Biometric security
Wireless Lan
8 into 2 multi-card readers
56k modem
SAMSUNG 15.4 tariff high polish TFT w-xga broad screen - dissolution 1280 x of 800 pixels
Digitally TV tuner
Radio tuner
Bluetooth 2.0
PANASONIC 8x multi standard DVD/CD burner with dual Layer and DVD RAM support

Radar

I run a laptop with almost the exact same specs, only mine has merely 512MB ram instead of 1gb. I use XP Pro and run FS2004 with "Ultra High" detail for both weather and scenery and it runs very well even with 100% traffic. In very nasty weather for takeoffs and landings, sometimes my framerates will dip into single didgits, but only in very very bad weather. In such conditions, I usually turn the scenery detail way down (since you can't see it anyway in bad weather) until I have reached altitude or touched down and it works just fine. Hope this helps

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...