most adapted joystick

olidido Guest

Hi I am bored of the board, any advice on requirements needed for a Joystick and what to buy ??
Many tahnks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Got $ £ ?
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/pcgc.asp

The x45 or x52 are top of the line.

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

I had the Saitek X-52 before I bought my CH yoke. It is an outstanding joystick with enought buttons and gizmos to eliminate the need to touch your keyboard. If I wasn't using the yoke I'd be using the X-52. Great stick.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

freedspeak wrote:

I had the Saitek X-52 before I bought my CH yoke. It is an outstanding joystick with enought buttons and gizmos to eliminate the need to touch your keyboard. If I wasn't using the yoke I'd be using the X-52. Great stick.

I've just read as much as my brain can digest in a short time here ➡

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm

I'm curious about your statement there being no need to touch the keyboard.
I assume in that case you would be making ample use of your mouse for trimming, lights on/off, spoilers, reverse thrust etc.?

Not being a purist I prefer to use the keyboard rather than clicking on the switches in the panel - and it's not because I have a keyboard fetish - but because I still haven't figured out how you can operate a keyboard, mouse and flightstick at the same time without getting your arms all tangled up. (Yet another one of those insider secrets nobody is prepared to share Crying or Very sad )

I also enjoy switching views frequently during flight and haven't yet found an alternative way to using the keyboard.

If you find the time to clear up some of my Dont Know I'm all ears!

Thanks,
Rick

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Rick, I would advise you go to the Saitek website and check it out or Google it. I couldn't begin to describe how versatile the stick is. It's got a great throttle which alone has more buttons, sliders, hats, and rotaries than most sticks have. Also there are multiple modes that can be programmed for different games, functions, or whatever. It's just a beautiful piece of equipment. For those that like lights there are optional blue led's that light up all the controls.

Like I say if I didn't prefer yoke flying I'd still be using it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

freedspeak wrote:

Rick, I would advise you go to the Saitek website and check it out or Google it. I couldn't begin to describe how versatile the stick is. It's got a great throttle which alone has more buttons, sliders, hats, and rotaries than most sticks have. Also there are multiple modes that can be programmed for different games, functions, or whatever. It's just a beautiful piece of equipment. For those that like lights there are optional blue led's that light up all the controls.

Like I say if I didn't prefer yoke flying I'd still be using it.

Thanks Richard,

I did trample all over http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm as mentioned, but it never occured to me to check out the forums.

Also, the HOTAS set up would assist in keeping my elbows well apart and therefore help prevent serious injury. Thanks for replying - I like the anagram.

Rick Hack

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...