disk 4

vik01 Guest

I have a new disk 4 installed in the cd. But a get a message to insert the FS2004 Disc $, sleect OK and restart application. I have done it many times, reinstalled FS and installed the updated, and the problem persists.

I can see the disk 4 contents in the explorer, I don't understand...

Any idea to solve the problem?

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Contact Microsoft and ask them to replace it. 😉

vik01 Guest

the disk is not damaged. Because I can install everything and I can see it with explorer. I think that the probles is another think like antivirus or something in the configuration. I'm working on it, not good luck so far.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Now you confused me.Did your installation continues when you insert the CD4 or not?When did you get this message?

The point that you can explore the CD contents doesnt means that you can run its applications.

Your basic misunderstanding is that you do not 'install' the Disk 4 in your computer.
When you start up FS9, you will be prompted to Insert Disk 4 in the appropriate CD ROM, (the one you used to install Disks 1, 2 and 3 of the FS9 installation package). The program will not look on your hard disk for Disk 4 but in the CD ROM.
There is a 'No CD 4' patch available so that you do not need to use the CD 4 but that is another story.
Hope this helps.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This is starting to get interesting. I'm just sitting here watching it all unfold.

A bit like at the movies Devil

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Your basic misunderstanding is that you do not 'install' the Disk 4 in your computer.
When you start up FS9, you will be prompted to Insert Disk 4 in the appropriate CD ROM, (the one you used to install Disks 1, 2 and 3 of the FS9 installation package). The program will not look on your hard disk for Disk 4 but in the CD ROM.
There is a 'No CD 4' patch available so that you do not need to use the CD 4 but that is another story.
Hope this helps.

Now thinks start getting better and better...Im more confused...Maybe my bad English kick my heads CPU.

I thought that the problem was that Vik01 cant run his No 4 CD.If i get it right there is no meaning to use no.cd patch cause he cant finish his installation...

Im open to corrections and explanations... ❗ ❓
Dont Know

vik01's remark below doesn't make sense.

"I have a new disk 4 installed in the cd."

"But a get a message to insert the FS2004 Disc $, sleect OK and restart application. ....."
From the above statement - we can assume that FS9 is installed (I think)- hence the prompt to insert Disk 4 - if he doesn't insert the Disk 4 in the CD ROM then he will get no joy

"I can see the disk 4 contents in the explorer, I don't understand"
vik01 has somehow copied Disk 4 files into his hard disk - why? I hesitate to guess and obviously thinks that because he has a presentation of the CD 4 on his hard disk that he does not need to insert the Disk 4.

It all begs the question.
Has he read the installation instructions?

As it is unlikely that vik01 will return, I do feel sorry for hooktail as he will miss the entertainment - but as they say - 50% of the us try to help - the other 50% stand and watch.

Anonymous wrote:

... I do feel sorry for hooktail as he will miss the entertainment -

Do learn to respect the elderly and learn to use their proper names - if you please - who is "hooktail" ❓

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for your kindly explanation dear Guest.😉

My impression was that although Vik inserts the CD4 in his disk drive FS dont continue running and finalising the installation but it asks again for the cd.

Lets see if he comes to check his topic and explain more to us.

Thanks 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

vik01,

I am assuming that you have WinXp. Since you haven't said anything. So I will go with the basics. First you need to do a DEFRAG, then reboot your computer. DO NOT CONNECT your LAN cable or if dialup your phoneline. Start your machine in SAFE MODE, you do this by pressing F8 till you get to a black sreen and select safe mode from the menu. Depending on your system this can take up to 5 minutes. You will have nothing working but the very basics to run your machine. Go through the install as if it were booted normally. After install leave your connection down, ensure that it has installed once you boot up. If I am wrong then you need to supply better information to help you.

Regards,

❗ ❗

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Do learn to respect the elderly and learn to use their proper names - if you please - who is "hooktail" ❓

I do apologise to Tailhook for a lapse of memory - BTW how do you know that Tailhook is elderly? If he is elderly then I am sure he will understand any lapse of memory on my part.
It is nice to know that even Guests are sensitive to how we treat our elderly - keeping up the high standards of this execellent forum.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

His not only elder...He is ancient...He is a discovery of archeologists... 😉 😉 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

I do apologise to Tailhook for a lapse of memory - BTW how do you know that Tailhook is elderly? If he is elderly then I am sure he will understand any lapse of memory on my part.
It is nice to know that even Guests are sensitive to how we treat our elderly - keeping up the high standards of this execellent forum.

We seem to be tripping over each other with apologies - like in the good old days. I know that Tailhook is elderly because it is I, Tailhook who objected. Firevixen bit me in the tail and I had to abandon Firefox and resort to IE for a moment 😳 and forgot to sign in. Re:...lapse of memory... I will not have any of this nonsense ❗

Good day to you Sir / Madam

😀 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...