What could be done

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Hello all,
Well, some of you may know that about 3 weeks ago, I started a topic regarding changes I could make to improve the sims performance. Well, I've been working on it since then, and here's what I've done. I went through Local Disk C extensively and filtered the things I don't really need. Then I went and deleted a few process that didn't need to be done, (I still don't know how to program it so that they don't start up again everytime I restart the computer). I defragmented my disk C, and still, I'm getting 12-14 frames at airports, with the display settings at medium Low. Now, this machine is more than capable of delivering an outstanding performance, I'm sure, so I know there is something else that needs to be done. Any ideas. Could it be that the machine is heating up to the extent that it's slowing the sim down? If so, I'll try to find some way around it. Thanks

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

msconfig. Feed that into /start/run.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560

You want the Startup part (tab). If you don't know what something is feed it into Google for fast answers.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Except the very right suggestion of RadarMan i could also suggest
advanced unistaller

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tag=srch&nid=1&qt=advanced+uninstaller&tg=dl-20&search.x=23&search.y=1

You simple registry with sending an e-mail to them and the reply you the registration code.Its totally free.

It includes a very useful start up manager.Check it and ask anything you want.

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for that info gentlement 😉 . I'll try them out now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Except the very right suggestion of RadarMan i could also suggest
advanced unistaller

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tag=srch&nid=1&qt=advanced+uninstaller&tg=dl-20&search.x=23&search.y=1

You simple registry with sending an e-mail to them and the reply you the registration code.Its totally free.

It includes a very useful start up manager.Check it and ask anything you want.

I had the previous edition - brilliant. I used it almost exclusively for it's start up manager function. But the new, current versionn isn't this limited to 21 days?

Read Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Wall Bashing You have apsolutely right my friend Tailhook and thanks for your critical correction.
The link i was post was about the 7.2 version of A.U. and indeed its a payware with 21 days trial. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I personally run and old version of it V.4.
I apologise to all and especially to dear Crosscheck.When im back to home i will upload the version i was talking about(with simple mail registration)and share the link here.

Sorry again and thanks a lot for the correction dear Tailhook.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Wall Bashing You have apsolutely right my friend Tailhook and thanks for your critical correction.
The link i was post was about the 7.2 version of A.U. and indeed its a payware with 21 days trial. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I personally run and old version of it V.4.
I apologise to all and especially to dear Crosscheck.When im back to home i will upload the version i was talking about(with simple mail registration)and share the link here.

Sorry again and thanks a lot for the correction dear Tailhook.

That would be great if you uploaded the old version. I downloaded the new version when it was announced via e-mail, got rid of the old one and THEN realised that the new one was time-limited. Many regrets - it just proves that you gotta be watchful all the time. 😳 😳 😳

😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well i call my wife and she e-mail it to me.

Here is the link ➡

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EAODXC61W8U51A60HL71ALM2G

For your own registered copy,just claim for your code
after the program's installation .

Please let me know if you have any kind of problems.
Sorry again for my former mistake. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Well i call my wife and she e-mail it to me.

Here is the link ➡

http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EAODXC61W8U51A60HL71ALM2G

For your own registered copy,just claim for your code
after the program's installation .

Please let me know if you have any kind of problems.
Sorry again for my former mistake. Embarassed

Thanks a lot Greekman, you and your wife make a good team - faster than lightning!!
Downloaded, installed and code claimed. I hope Crosscheck will get it too - it makes life much easier.

Thanks again,
Rick 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have already PM to hime just in case. 😉

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, I have a problem that is not one you can repair. In the country where I currently reside, they've refused access to certain URL's that promote violence, sex, etc. etc. - Due to the fact that they don't know what your sending across younsendit, I'm denied access to the link. Do you know if it's possible for download anywhere else? Again, thanks for the tips 😉 All are duely noted, and always acknowledged 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Can i e-mail it to you or it will also censored?If your server cuts .exes there is a trick i can use and i think it will works for you.

Let me know.

Pro Member Captain

Greekman - I'd be more than happy if you were able to e-mail it to me..Just select e-mail from below my signature 😉 - If that doesn't work, I'm open to any suggestions you have - thanks for all of your help 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I cant attach here Crosscheck.
Pls pm your e-mail cause i dont have it here in my office in order to attache the zip.file with the exe.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I was fool. Embarassed

I check your profil and show your e-mail there Crosscheck.I already send you an e-mail with a zip file as an attachment.

Check it and let me know if you get or if you have any kind of problems.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey Crosscheck, there is absolutely nothing wrong with RadarMan's solution (see below) if you have difficulty getting Greekman's file.
The only difference is that using the msconfig. method takes a few more clicks with the mouse in comparison.

RadarMan wrote:

msconfig. Feed that into /start/run.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560

You want the Startup part (tab). If you don't know what something is feed it into Google for fast answers.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAMN ❗ ❗ ❗ Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I get a dillevery mail failure... Angry Angry Angry

There are a few things that drives me crazy and this is one of them... Evil or Very Mad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...