Definitely the best scenery addon EVER

cheekytrollyGuest Guest

I just installed the "FlightCorse BasePack" and only word springing to mind right now is OMFGWOWAMAZINGAWSOMEILOVEIT!!!

I can't believe no one has mentioned this package before; it’s too good to be true!

The 260mb package (which took me 14 hours to download) includes quality photo real textures scenery and amazing satelittle accurate terrain for the 8500 sq. km beautiful French Mediterranean island of Corsica.

What is so great about it is that there is no comparison between default and photoreal scenery as Corsica is an island, and you can happily spend days upon end flying around the island, quite easily forgetting that the rest of the world exists!

The graphics are so stunning; screenshots just don’t do it justice. There is everything from seaside vacation resorts to rocky mountain peaks so what ever you are into- Corsica (aka Ile de Beaute as described from the French website) has it all.

For me, I prefer flying low and slow and taking in the scenery so as soon as I got home today, I took a leisurely 1 and a half hour flight up the east coast of the island in a Cessna 207. My system is pretty average and the photo real doesn’t blur at all like other pay ware scenery I have bought in the past which made me really pleased! 😂

I whole heartedly advise all of you to download this scenery; it enhances the flying experience so much and is ever so realistic. You can buy it from Simarket and then join me flying online, then we can fly around in groups above the island- that would be so cooooooool! Lol!

From Andrew Underwood
cheekytrolly@hotmail.com

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

How long is to upload it with every flight? It looks very promising

cheekytrolly Guest

Well, ya know photoreal areas take longer to load than default areas. This corsica area takes about 4 minutes. When loading photoreal areas, a tip for halfing the waiting time is turn off yoru firewall! otherwise, it will be checking every .BMP as flight sim trys to load it.

Hope this helps!

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

cheekytrolly

Thanks. It is new for me. I have Megascenery pnw. Some thing like 8 GB. And it takes very long upload time

Pro Member Trainee
nicam Trainee

Wow that looks really good
14 hrs to down load! are you still on dial up?

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

14 hrs to down load! are you still on dial up?

rgr that.... 😞

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Hey Andrew,

Firstly congratulations on your name - Cheekytrolly - I like it 😂

WOW ! That is amazing and you're right I don't know why no-one else has mentioned this before. It looks absolutely amazing.

One things for sure I am going to buy and download that TONIGHT ..... in fact, I'm already gone > 😀

What a find - I can't wait to take the Flight 1 c172r out around there !

Good find,

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

sweet Pro-Sim, wanna fly online together round corsica when its finished downloading??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hows that on framerates? the photogen scenery?

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hows that on framerates?

not bad framerates- about 20-30, I had to turn my terrain mesh complexity down to stop it blurring though

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

sweet Pro-Sim, wanna fly online together round corsica when its finished downloading??

Ah my FS set-up is off-line mate but I'm in the process of changing that using a wireless network card set-up type thing... when I've got that working I'll deffo be up for a VFR cruise around that Corsica scenery 😎 , as long as I can keep up with you in that Learjet .... I'll be in the Flight 1 C172! 😂

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Sweet- just PM me when your ready to fly- we can tour the island landing at all the strips- it will be cool- and I'll fly in a cessna aswell- I always prefer GA to jets.

Looking foward to it. 🙂
Andrew

clayloch11 Guest

Hey Cheeky Trolley,
Are you still doing your virtual airline?? Do you still need your scenery??? If you're not doing your VA, then join Freedom Air Virtual, a Australia and New Zealand based VA.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

clayloch11 yourl URL is invaled.
If your starting another virtual airline, at least hide the freewebs.com and get a other free URL mask.

clayloch11 Guest

It's not my VA, I just wanted you to see it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...