Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Definitely the best scenery addon EVER

cheekytrollyGuest

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:44 am 

I just installed the "FlightCorse BasePack" and only word springing to mind right now is OMFGWOWAMAZINGAWSOMEILOVEIT!!!

I can't believe no one has mentioned this package before; itís too good to be true!

The 260mb package (which took me 14 hours to download) includes quality photo real textures scenery and amazing satelittle accurate terrain for the 8500 sq. km beautiful French Mediterranean island of Corsica.

What is so great about it is that there is no comparison between default and photoreal scenery as Corsica is an island, and you can happily spend days upon end flying around the island, quite easily forgetting that the rest of the world exists!

The graphics are so stunning; screenshots just donít do it justice. There is everything from seaside vacation resorts to rocky mountain peaks so what ever you are into- Corsica (aka Ile de Beaute as described from the French website) has it all.

For me, I prefer flying low and slow and taking in the scenery so as soon as I got home today, I took a leisurely 1 and a half hour flight up the east coast of the island in a Cessna 207. My system is pretty average and the photo real doesnít blur at all like other pay ware scenery I have bought in the past which made me really pleased! Laughing

I whole heartedly advise all of you to download this scenery; it enhances the flying experience so much and is ever so realistic. You can buy it from Simarket and then join me flying online, then we can fly around in groups above the island- that would be so cooooooool! Lol!

From Andrew Underwood
cheekytrolly@hotmail.com
Rafi
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:09 pm 

How long is to upload it with every flight? It looks very promising
cheekytrolly

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:43 pm 

Well, ya know photoreal areas take longer to load than default areas. This corsica area takes about 4 minutes. When loading photoreal areas, a tip for halfing the waiting time is turn off yoru firewall! otherwise, it will be checking every .BMP as flight sim trys to load it.

Hope this helps!
Rafi
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:51 pm 

cheekytrolly

Thanks. It is new for me. I have Megascenery pnw. Some thing like 8 GB. And it takes very long upload time
nicam
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:41 am 

Wow that looks really good
14 hrs to down load! are you still on dial up?
ceetee
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:29 pm 

14 hrs to down load! are you still on dial up?

rgr that.... Sad
Pro-Sim
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:17 pm 

Hey Andrew,

Firstly congratulations on your name - Cheekytrolly - I like it Laughing

WOW ! That is amazing and you're right I don't know why no-one else has mentioned this before. It looks absolutely amazing.

One things for sure I am going to buy and download that TONIGHT ..... in fact, I'm already gone > Very Happy

What a find - I can't wait to take the Flight 1 c172r out around there !

Good find,
David
"The-GPS-Kid was here!"
ceetee
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:02 am 

sweet Pro-Sim, wanna fly online together round corsica when its finished downloading??
Fire_Emblem_Master
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:25 am 

Hows that on framerates? the photogen scenery?
ceetee
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:56 am 

Hows that on framerates?

not bad framerates- about 20-30, I had to turn my terrain mesh complexity down to stop it blurring though
Pro-Sim
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:30 pm 

sweet Pro-Sim, wanna fly online together round corsica when its finished downloading??

Ah my FS set-up is off-line mate but I'm in the process of changing that using a wireless network card set-up type thing... when I've got that working I'll deffo be up for a VFR cruise around that Corsica scenery Cool , as long as I can keep up with you in that Learjet .... I'll be in the Flight 1 C172! Laughing
David
"The-GPS-Kid was here!"
ceetee
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:10 pm 

Sweet- just PM me when your ready to fly- we can tour the island landing at all the strips- it will be cool- and I'll fly in a cessna aswell- I always prefer GA to jets.

Looking foward to it. Smile
Andrew
clayloch11

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:18 pm 

Hey Cheeky Trolley,
Are you still doing your virtual airline?? Do you still need your scenery??? If you're not doing your VA, then join Freedom Air Virtual, a Australia and New Zealand based VA.
ceetee
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:57 am 

clayloch11 yourl URL is invaled.
If your starting another virtual airline, at least hide the freewebs.com and get a other free URL mask.
clayloch11

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:25 pm 

It's not my VA, I just wanted you to see it.