best setup

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

I was wondering what is the best screen resolution and at what frame rate is ideal. I have a new ATI Radon 9600se and sometimes the frame rate is choppy specially during rainy weather conditons. I have a 2.53 Ghz PC with 512 or RAM. ❓

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Your computer, Ram (if you want you'll see better results with 1024mb) is better than most.
Your video card, if the drivers are up to date and not corrupted should give you good FPS.
You will of course see different FPS over cities than you would over barren land. Less detail gives you better rates.
If you are getting 15 to 30 you should be doing well.

Defrag your h/d at least once a week and keep it as empty as possible, a poor or overloaded h/d can cause stuttering as well as too many programs running in the background.
All in all you have a very nice system and should enjoy the Sim very much.

Resolution, 1024x768x32 is a nice setup and not too much for your card.

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

Thanks RadarMan.. I will double check my settings! I would say most of the time my frame rate is around the 15 to 25 mark.

Hows your new card? My card is brand new also. The funny thing is that the CD that the card came with did not work. I had to go online and download the lastest driver.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Contact the supplier and see if they will give/send a new cd even though the drivers may be out of date.(there may be other software on it such as temp monitoring or the like)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you have a P-4 this will monitor your temperature. I had to add another fan (easy to do) to keep it cool. The ATI I have also has it's own fan.
Forget about the drivers on the CD they send, it's out of date, use the latest that ATI has (4.3) it seems to work quite well.
Take a look at the post about the card and I listed the settings for the card, try them and see how you like them, play around with them a little.

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/active.htm

Actually RadarMan, you're only partly right. Not all Motherboards support tempurature monitoring. It's not in your processor, but in the Motherboard. My (older) Intel board does not support it, but my friends new ASUS Socket A (AMD) board does, and is quite handy at keeping things in check if you're wanting to push it in the overclocking game... 😂

As far as your card JetMan, you have a pretty good one there. You may want to check out www.hardforum.com and see if that SE can be flashed to maybe a non-pro or pro... pretty impressive differences with those. I used a 9600XT (top 9600, faster clock speed, and tempurature probe) and was impressed.

Anyways, have fun flying, and be safe... it's as real as it gets.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Actually RadarMan, you're only partly right. Not all Motherboards support tempurature monitoring. It's not in your processor, but in the Motherboard. My (older) Intel board does not support it, but my friends new ASUS Socket A (AMD) board does, and is quite handy at keeping things in check if you're wanting to push it in the overclocking game... 😂

As far as your card JetMan, you have a pretty good one there. You may want to check out www.hardforum.com and see if that SE can be flashed to maybe a non-pro or pro... pretty impressive differences with those. I used a 9600XT (top 9600, faster clock speed, and tempurature probe) and was impressed.

Anyways, have fun flying, and be safe... it's as real as it gets.

👍 Interesting, thanks.
I was under the impression that all Intel boards were capable of using this temperature monitor. Live and learn.
I know that it has warned me about power usage (oem power units are very under powered, usually a 250w). I use too many USB items and overtax it, that's why the extra fan(s).

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Here's a nice little free program I've used for years on many boards to monitor temps, fan speeds, and voltages.
If your board has sensors MBM will probably work.

there is a motherboard list at the website.
I takes a little configuring but it is a very stable and reliable. You can have it display them in the system tray or just turn it on when you feel like it.

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...