Extreme flight realism

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

I would like to know if there is a way I could have very realistic flight planning such as: V1 and V2, Exact speed settings, Realistic flight paths, etc... Is this even possible on FS9?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Unless I am quite mistaken, V1, Vr, V2 have to be calculated "by hand" so to speak. There are tables for each aircraft of course, but in the end you need to do the math yourself. The speeds depend on take-off weight, conditions (icing etc) and more (a real pilot could name more I'm sure). Then you set the little speed bugs for the appropriate positions and that's it. So if you wish to simulate V1, Vr, V2 you actually have to do it yourself (print out the tables and do the conversions). I think 🙂

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well, there are definitly addons out there that can help you with these plans. If you pick up a copy of FSBuild2.2, you can go through some very rigorous flight planning from downloading daily NATs (North Atlantic Tracks for flying from America to Europe), finding / entering preferred routes (usually found on sites like www.simroutes.com), calculating your fuel burn, best possible flight levels, step climbs, V speeds, etc. etc. Not all of the data it produces is 100% accurate (I find that it doesn't give enough fuel), but that can be remedied by hand as well.

For calculating V-Speeds, you can either look up the aircraft data online, or go the lazy-man's route and buy an addon aircraft with an FMC 😉 .

For pulling together your fuel calculations, there are plenty of step-by-step guides out there. The one from the Precision Manuals website (in the 747 manual) is superb, and gets you through all of the basics of factoring in wind conditions, alternate airports, minimum landing fuel, reserves, etc.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...