ASAS in Flight Sim

Firstly, I aplogise if this is a copy of a post in the general forum, but I was recommended to put the topic in this section - I would appreciate if it could be kept up.

Does anyone know if any of the aircraft, namely the 737, 747 or 777 are fitted with the new ASAS system? If they are not, can anyone recommend an add-on pack that would provide this?

This link may be of help if you are not sure what I'm talking about with ASAS!!

Thanks,

Michael

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry this is becoming very intricate for my lack of computerliteracy - just chanced upon this added link:
So in case you're checking back on this, here's a copy hijacked from the other thread in 'General' :

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure what benefits it would offer in heavy-traffic areas (perhaps I missed something in the article). If the duty of traffic avoidance is given to the pilot (say in chicago-approach's airspace), that could cause more problems than it would help.

I think the plan is, in the first instance anyway, that the new ACAS system would only be used when it is possible...

Michael.

Guest Michael,
I hope your passing by this way again because I might have found something regarding ACAS. Whether or not it is pertinent, you or Originalgrunge shall be the judge.
Quote:
TCAS 2 radar screen TCAS 2 radar screen for your MS Flight Simulator application. The TCAS 2 knowledge is based upon TCAS 2, version 7, as outlined by FAA Guidelines. (Also known as ACAS in Europe) This display will detect and warn against airborne A.I. intruder traffic via visual and verbal feedback. It requires FSUIPC (here), Visual Basic 6 runtime (both here) , and Directx 7 or higher (here). Danny Ho. 598K tcas2v7-3.zip

Arrow http://www.simviation.com/fs2004utilities5.htm

It is the first utility on the page (5).

OG, if you happen to read this, I'd be interested to know whether in your opinion this utility is of any use regarding this topic.
It's all still 'rocket science' to me Read

and after all - we're only ordinary men...

Any use?? Juggle

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...