Resolution problem!

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Hi, since re-installing Windows XP Pro SP2 a couple of days ago, I have this problem with FS2004:

Whenever I load the game (display settings set to 1024 x 76😎, there is a big black frame around the screen (my screen is basically about a third smaller). Whenever I bring my mouse out there it disappears as if it really has gone off screen. When I set FS to 800 x 600 it works normally but I can't stand 800 x 600, everything is so big and the graphics are pretty poor. Here's a screenshot of what happens (notice the black frame): http://photobucket.com/albums/y153/jth7/?action=view&current=Resolution.jpg

Anyone know how I can get 1024 like I always had before I re-installed Windows? By the way, I have my graphics card's latest drivers and my desktop setting are 1280 x 720. Oh and I noticed this same black frame problem during the installation of Windows at the part where it asks you whether you want to enable automatic updates or not. Thanks a lot! 🙂

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

My FS working excactly with the same way for me.I dont think that this a problem.As about your mouse it is usual to disappears and shown only close to tab.

If you want to know where is your mouse click mouse in contorl panel then go to pointer options and enable Show location of pointer when i press CTRL key

Cheers to Mr RadarMan for this info. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

The same thing happens to me but I don't worry about it. Have a check in the displays settings in the sim. Check to see if there at the settigs you want.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

When you say your display settings are 1024X768 are you talking about your desktop settings or the settings in the game?

I run my desktop and 800X600 but when I select 1024X768 in the game that is what it goes to and full screen. The game (at least in my case) determines the resolution not the desk top. Make sure in your game settings you have 1024X768 selected and full screen mode.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Hmmm... does anyone know where the full screen mode/windowed mode option is? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JTH wrote:

Hmmm... does anyone know where the full screen mode/windowed mode option is? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Hit "Alt" and a tool bar will appear.

Hot "Alt+Enter" and you'll go into window mode.
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

When you reinstalled Windows it reset your monitor
Click one of the buttons on the monitor to bring up the menu and you should find some way of increasing the the size and refresh rate

Your windows is working properly,its the monitor that needs ajusting

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

But... if I do that then the resolution will be fine for FS but will be far too zoomed in for Windows desktop. Basically I would have to change it every time I play and change it back after I think.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

You should be able to adjust it from within the game. The game res and your desktop are independent of each other.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...