Payware Concordes?

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Hello. Can someone tell which payware Concorde out there is better than the rest. I know the PSS and Jusflight have them. Who else? Thanks for your opinions.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

That's essentially it. Mostly the other ones you will find are going to just be models with a freeware cockpit slapped in. As far as a comparison between the two, I own neither, but have heard far better reviews about the PSS Concorde. It is as fully and realistically modeled as you can get for a home simulation of the Concorde, and nearly every reviewer and virtual pilot have said something to that effect.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I thought I might just suggest this, The "Concordski" (Tupolev TU-144) aka the Russian rip off of the Concorde. Although the model is freeware, it is amazing accurate and highly rated. There are two versions of it available here:

(dead links removed)

The description says:

Soviet supersonic passenger aircraft. First flight in 1968, two months before the western Concorde. Also known as "Concordski" or "Charger". Faster than the Concorde, but less range. Today all Aircrafts grounded. Some of them on display in Russia, one on display at the "Technik Museum" in Sinsheim-Germany. One TU-144 was used by the NASA as a test vehicle. 3D-Model with all common FS2004 gizmos but without virtual cockpit. Comes with custom 2D-Panel and real soundset. For all the new features please read the docs in the aircrafts doc folder.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

What about the F1/SSTIM? From what I saw it looks really impressive not to mention I hold F1 products in very high regard (unlike PSS for example).

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Yes Bindolaf indeed. I forgot about the F1 Concorde. I am not even sure if I will get any of these. But I agree with you, F1 products are excellent.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

I thought I might just suggest this, The "Concordski" (Tupolev TU-144) aka the Russian rip off of the Concorde...

A prototype first flew on December 31, 1968 near Moscow, two months before the Concorde. The Tu-144 first broke the sound barrier on June 5, 1969, and on July 15, 1969, it became the first commercial transport to exceed Mach 2.

Not bad for a "Rip Off". It's actually called 'industrial espionage' and if you took the time out to read some history books you would soon learn that all the 'Great' nations have been guilty of this practice at one time or another.

To set the record straight: The Russians/Soviets have always been and are as capable of building outstanding aircraft as the Americans or the French. Had it not been for a misguided political ideology which eventually ended in financial bankruptcy, corruption and mismanagement, the Russians would be the leading aircraft manufacturers in the world today.
Russia has always had the better scientists - it's the harsh climate and the simple diet that makes the brain invent all kinds of "stuff" you see? Geek

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I don’t know where you got all that from Tailhook, but here is the story I have heard:

The British were designing the world’s first supersonic airliner, but the Russians decided they wanted to be the first to offer this service, so they sneaked some spy’s into England to steal the plans and take them back home to Mother Russia. The idea behind this was that in the upcoming 1968/1969 Paris airshow, Russia wanted to show-off their new 'Concorski' proving to the public that they had beaten the British and therefore humiliating them.

But, the British designers found out about the spy’s and cleverly altered the plans of the aircraft so that it wouldn’t fly as good as their real authentic one did, making it harder to handle, use up more fuel and be horribly noisy. The Russian spy’s knew none of this and were over the moon as the trotted back off home with the stolen the design plans.

When it came to the Paris airshow, the Russians proudly flew in their new supersonic aircraft, but thinking it had a better performance level than it actually did, it crashed in front of the crowd causing the Russians the humiliation instead of the British! 😂

I’m also interested to know what other 'Great Nations' are guilty of this 'Industrial Espionage' and in what history books you have read to find this out.

Cheers

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I don’t know where you got all that from Tailhook, but here is the story I have heard:

The British were designing the world’s first supersonic airliner, but the Russians decided they wanted to be the first to offer this service, so they sneaked some spy’s into England to steal the plans and take them back home to Mother Russia. The idea behind this was that in the upcoming 1968/1969 Paris airshow, Russia wanted to show-off their new 'Concorski' proving to the public that they had beaten the British and therefore humiliating them.

But, the British designers found out about the spy’s and cleverly altered the plans of the aircraft so that it wouldn’t fly as good as their real authentic one did, making it harder to handle, use up more fuel and be horribly noisy. The Russian spy’s knew none of this and were over the moon as the trotted back off home with the stolen the design plans.

When it came to the Paris airshow, the Russians proudly flew in their new supersonic aircraft, but thinking it had a better performance level than it actually did, it crashed in front of the crowd causing the Russians the humiliation instead of the British! Laughing

Sen. McCarthy? Is that you? 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sen. McCarthy? Is that you? Laughing

Nice touch 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...