HUGE problem!

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

Hi guys. I have a big problem. One day i was loading up my FS and it stopped responding. So i re-installed it. All went fine. I installed all my payware aircraft, which by the way have automatic installers, and it worked fine. then i put in my freeware, non-auto installer planes, then it crashed. i took out those, and it is running fine. I was wondering how to fix this- could it be my FS doesnt take freeware?? 😳 or could it be that they need a auto installer? 😳 i just cant fly payware all the time, somewhat because the FPS drop in payware, and second because what if i want another type of plane? and i dont have the money to buy payware? Sorry if this post seems rude to anyone, i just want this problem fixed.

Thanks in advance,
robbier

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
hinchoo Guest

what freeware planes are you running? perhaps install them one at a time to find which one is faulty.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hey robbier,

What are your system specs (just in case) and is it happening with any freeware aircraft you install or just certain aircraft or type of plane? Are they from one place or by one author etc?

😉

Last edited by Jonathan (99jolegg) on Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

hinchoo wrote:

what freeware planes are you running? perhaps install them one at a time to find which one is faulty.

I agree with the above question and also it will be very helpful if you answer to what Jon asks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

This happened to me once - and I can I did - but i can't remember what I did though 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

robbier wrote:

- could it be my FS doesnt take freeware?? 😳 or could it be that they need a auto installer? 😳

Negative on both accounts. As suggested before - install one at a time and test-fly the aircraft before you go to the next one. Make sure you always pay attention to the readme file. Not all freeware planes install the same way.

NOTE: Even some freeware add-ons require you to restart your computer after installation.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...