following atc directions on a ifr flight

wrightflyer1903 Guest

everytime i fly a ifr flight atc tells me to turn a differnt heading i am moving in the right direction when a get my landing directions i turn to the heading they tell me but it seems way off to whre the runway is is this a problem with the game or is this normal thanks.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Michael Guenthner (MJG145CAP) Trainee

They are giving you a vector to intercept the localizer. So yes it will be off of a direct heading towards the airport. Try the help functions in FS9 to check out flying an ILS approach to see what I'm refering to.

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

Beware! Most of the time the ATC vectors will work out but sometimes... they will send you off on a wild goose chase that takes you so far off the track that you will never get there. And somtimes they will just stop talking to you for no apparent reason. Have fun!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...