everytime i fly a ifr flight atc tells me to turn a differnt heading i am moving in the right direction when a get my landing directions i turn to the heading they tell me but it seems way off to whre the runway is is this a problem with the game or is this normal thanks.
2 Answers
They are giving you a vector to intercept the localizer. So yes it will be off of a direct heading towards the airport. Try the help functions in FS9 to check out flying an ILS approach to see what I'm refering to.
Beware! Most of the time the ATC vectors will work out but sometimes... they will send you off on a wild goose chase that takes you so far off the track that you will never get there. And somtimes they will just stop talking to you for no apparent reason. Have fun!
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
Trainee