53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
NO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Do you think we should have a seperate military forum on the flyaway site?

Idea

Last edited by sonicninja on Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Maybe the Combat Flight Simulator forum can be use on this purpose.

Just a thought.And i make this thought because its easier to meet each other and get some bottles of beer,wine or whatever than a new forum creation on Fly Away... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Although not a bad idea Greekman but after sending a few personal messages to some of the CFS fans, the feedback I got from them was negative, they would prefer to keep the "modern jet jockeys" seperate from thier "prop head" forums, which is fair enough really.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sonicninja wrote:

Do you think we should have a seperate military forum on the flyaway site?

Idea

Most definately!! Let's start a revolution and have the 'purists' shake in their boots Twisted Evil

There is no evidence whatever that the creators of military add-ons are less devoted or competent than their non-military peers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Absolutely not. It violates the KISS principle. What next, a GA forum and an airliner forum. Or maybe a Boeing forum and an Airbus forum. How about a turboprop forum, a GE forum, a P&W and Rolls-Royce forum.

And for those who never heard of it KISS = Keep it simple, stupid.

BTW, I don't question the talent of the creators of military addons, and don't know what a purist is. But if it is the opposite of being in favor of chaos, then I'm a purist.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I think probably the lock on modern air combat board is the place to be then, the CFS board isn't the place to go but I don't think the military stuff should have its own board.

Although one might argue that the Virtual Airline board shouldn't exist without a virtual squadron board 😛

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Absolutely not. It violates the KISS principle. What next, a GA forum and an airliner forum. Or maybe a Boeing forum and an Airbus forum. How about a turboprop forum, a GE forum, a P&W and Rolls-Royce forum.

BTW, I don't question the talent of the creators of military addons, and don't know what a purist is. But if it is the opposite of being in favor of chaos, then I'm a purist.

🙄 yeah ok point taken Yawn

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

sonicninja wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

🙄 yeah ok point taken Yawn

Im very sad of your point dear Sonic because i can fell a disappointing in it.And i dont like at all to see people dissapointed in their ideas and thoughts.From the other site Crash is right about the number of Forums and for the simple view of the site and he has make his state with his unique way. 😉 😂

I personally am not against of any new idea bad or good(yes i repeat myself)but form all these discussions all these days about new forums new moderators and,and, and.... there is a final conclusion.
Its obvious that this site needs REFRESHING.
Members number incresead day by day and more minds are working to share opinions ideas etc.Other good other bad,other rubbish...So there must be someone who check them and doing his best in order to keep site(and us)refreshing and updated.Update the dowloads,update the screenshots,update the forums etc.etc...

But please one big favor...Please if your refresh the Forums or anything else dont delete the Fly! & Fly! 2 and SimShack.net Forums... 😕

😉

Jagpilot Guest

Im with sonic on this one, we need a military forum to meet up and exchange ideas and points with each other, i like to fly GA also but my preference is military (mostly USAF), so i stand tall in sonics corner on this point 😉

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Whilst I really appreciate the support Jag, it may help somewhat if you were actually a registered user, for the small price and for lifetime membership, dig deeply into your pockets my friend and buy a subscription and register your vote on this poll 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Look at the vote tally now 😳

I have seen greater discrepancies Yes

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...